· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Is it possible for me to be more excited to see this tank running than you are? Lol. Really love that stump of DW.. perfect for this tank!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    +1 to DM . I would like to.see this tank up.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I might be a bit late but whats the stocking
    Im too lazy to browse through 35 pages :P

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    Played around with the scape last night. Added more rock to the back and filled it in again but did so without really covering the stump again. Got a small shelf fixed up it looks good. Hopefully getting my buddies crawfish boiler today. Start boiling rocks and the DW.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by afro123 View Post
    I might be a bit late but whats the stocking
    Im too lazy to browse through 35 pages :P
    Odessa Barbs
    One or two species of Gastromyzons
    A twig catfish

Depending on how that stocking goes I might add some gobies

0 Not allowed!
    Are you planning all male Odessa Barbs ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Are you planning all male Odessa Barbs ?
    Not sure yet. The males have a great deal more color than the females of course but I'm wondering if I'll get even more color out of them if I mix females into the equation.

1 Not allowed!
    I'd add both sexes, merely because you'll get more showy fish. They'll put on nice displays surrounding their mating/courting behavior, in addition to their hierarchical structuring.

Just wanted to throw in something about the boiling rocks. When I had rocks, I did boil mine and everything was fine. However, since doing that, I've read from several places that boiling rocks is risky business. I don't know how much stock I place in this, because the theory is that some rocks, when heated, will explode. Personally, I have never seen it... but it's one theory that's gotten around the internet for some reason or another. I imagine someone must have had a rock explode in his face, otherwise why would it become a theory, right?

Anyway, just throwing that out there to cause some tumult in your hobby. ;P I suppose the purpose of boiling rocks would be to destroy any bacteria/micro-organisms that could hitch a ride on the rocks from the river (or wherever else you might get them), but if these organisms are living in a river, under the water, isn't it safe to say that like our BB in the filter media, it would die off merely from drying and staying out of the water for several days?

Just food for thought. Better to play it safe than sorry, but in this case, with the multiple theories being tossed around, what's really "safe?"
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    are you planning to flood it soon to give it a test run?

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I've heard that too about exploding rocks. If I don't post for a while after tonight you'll know what happened. hahaha.

There are so many different organisms that could live on these rocks I don't want to take the chance of bringing them into the tank. I know I'm already risking it by just placing them in dry. BB dies but who knows what parasites or other types of bad bacteria could still be hanging on. Plus this should kill off any algae I don't want in the tank. I want green algae and inevitably red algae, but Black beard algae just isn't going to be cool with me.

Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast