· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

1 Not allowed!
    I agree - that is one beautiful loach! Be sure to click on the green arrow at the bottom, there are several pages of videos, not just the first page. Some are community tanks, but many of them are river tanks and some really look natural, like the actual bottom of a river - they're really cool. Glad you're enjoying them. The videos are really helping me to see what I like and don't like as far as aquascaping goes and seeing the actual loaches in the tank really helps me in making decisions about what I may or may not want.
    Last edited by gronlaura; 07-04-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras, Amano Shrimp, BNP. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook 
    Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus 
    Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    So my stand is done!! :D I've got it placed, leveled better than I thought it would, and I've already started to add everything. I'll have pics uploaded tonight. I'm kind of getting ahead of myself because I've been placing rocks that I'll have to take out cause they need to be boiled, I just wanted to see what it looked like. I also played around with my driftwood. The pieces I've highlighted here before and a few others. One in particular is incredible looking! A very well preserved stump I found in the woods. However it is 100% purple heart cedar. Not sure about that..... I'll have to read up on that.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 to your next Betta - Fishhook 
    Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus 
    Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    So I've been reading up on putting cedar in your tank. This is a very heated debate with good points on both sides. I really like this piece and once you'll see it you'll know why I'm still wanting to use it. I think what I'll do is boil the crap out of it and if it still leaches tannins I might pass on it now, let it cure for a longer period of time and add it to another tank, or add it to this one at a later date.

4. Default

3 Not allowed!
    Hey Rob, I have a cedar stump in my 29gal, the one that won TOTM. It had been cut and left in ground for years. I felt it was safe cause it had dried out to a light grey. I washed, then stored it soaking in a tote for a year. Not intentionally, I did not need it at the time. All fish are well and ABN loves it.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Cool, that is exactly what this one is like. I found it in the woods, the tree had been cut down and the stump pulled out of the ground. I only realized it was cedar went I went to cut the tap root off. So I'll boil like crazy and may just let it soak for a long time. I'll also have to scrape the moss off of it. It would also make an amazing display for a poison dart frog vivarium. Would need less prep work if I went that way down to road.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I read the research you prolly read. Since the piece was completely dried out, I would have put the piece straight in after it was water logged, but I was not gonna take a chance with my EBJD tank.
    They are beautiful with tiny points twisting all around and Id like to hunt down some more.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I know of at least two more in the woods. Now that I know my neighbor better he won't mind me going on his property to get them.

Awards Showcase

4 Not allowed!
    As promised, pictures of the completed stand and initial scaping.

Scape_1.JPG

I used just enough sand to cover the pipes. Is should all be covered when all is said and done.
    Scape_2.JPG

Here is all the stone I have right now and the two pieces of driftwood I'm seriously considering adding. I don't think this scape needs much.
    Scape_3.JPG

This is the piece I'm in love with but still debating on whether or not I want to use it. Seeing that it is red cedar. But oh so cool!!
    It will look even better when it doesn't blend in with the wall behind it.
    Scape_4.JPG

This last piece was put in just to see what it looked like but I think I'll hold on to it for a smaller tank.
    Scape_5.JPG

Next step is to get the rest of the rock I need and save up for my lights.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You have alot of great rocks in there and love all the DW. I can't wait to see this with water.. it's looking awesome!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

2 Not allowed!
    Black construction paper or paperboard would do fine to blackout the back of the tank if you wanted to do that. Great pics, looks really good man.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast