· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1496

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Also here are a couple of pictures I got in the process.

This is what happens to a dojo loach when he eats too much.
    IMG_4963.JPG

And my pandas love hanging out on the anubis.
    IMG_4961.JPG
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    Great vid and tank, Rob....those pandas are TOO cool, and I'm loving the fact that you are able to keep the TB's with them and have no issues....the loaches are neat, as well

Are you going to add to any of their numbers in the future?...seems like you could at least have more TB's
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Great vid and tank, Rob....those pandas are TOO cool, and I'm loving the fact that you are able to keep the TB's with them and have no issues....the loaches are neat, as well

Are you going to add to any of their numbers in the future?...seems like you could at least have more TB's
    I may add more, remember they do get about twice that size so we shall see. I think my next step if I add more fish would be to add an additional filter first.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    I forget what size tank this is...how is it filtered now, just sponge filters?

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Very cool tank Rob! And thanks for the video.
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 05-05-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I forget what size tank this is...how is it filtered now, just sponge filters?
    40 gallon like yours. It has two large sponge filters at the end of a manifold system. They work great. My only concern is it isn't easy to remove detritus through my filter system. I'm thinking of getting a small canister filter to compliment what I have. And I know, I know, you are obsessed with adding as many fish as possible to a tank. Those platys really did a number on your mental health.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    LOL, indeed they did

Get you an Eheim Classic 2215 like I have, a little pricey but worth it, IMO...you have a powerhead in here as well?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, indeed they did

Get you an Eheim Classic 2215 like I have, a little pricey but worth it, IMO...you have a powerhead in here as well?
    Two powerheads. They are at the other end of the manifold system.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Just my opinion...lots of people use and love sponge filters, and I know they work great...but I'm not one of those people

I know they can serve certain purposes for certain setups, but the reason you mention, as well as the fact that they take up so much real estate in the tank, is a few of the reasons I don't like them, and will never use them unless I have too...I have 2 of the good quality bottom weighted ones, one new still in the box, but for debris removal, appearance, efficiency, and ease of maintenance, HOB's are the filters I'll always have (one canister, as well, for now)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Just my opinion...lots of people use and love sponge filters, and I know they work great...but I'm not one of those people

I know they can serve certain purposes for certain setups, but the reason you mention, as well as the fact that they take up so much real estate in the tank, is a few of the reasons I don't like them, and will never use them unless I have too...I have 2 of the good quality bottom weighted ones, one new still in the box, but for debris removal, appearance, efficiency, and ease of maintenance, HOB's are the filters I'll always have (one canister, as well, for now)
    Yeah I get that and would switch if I was using sponges [BOLD]only[/BOLD] for filtering. However in this case I'm using them in a manifold system in order to get strong unilateral current to make this a true river tank style. I think to get the flow I desire it is necessary but not entirely adequate, as you say.

Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150 LastLast