· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

Default How many times has this happened?

3 Not allowed!
    Went to PetCo the other day and they had Celestial Pearl Danios!!!! For 3.38!!!! I didn't even know they carried them. I was beside myself because I had no place to put them. A five gallon with a betta, or a 20 gallon with a four inch three spot gourami. Oh I almost bought another tank while I was there. Kept running the logistics through my head and decided it would be best for the little guys if I waited till I had something set up first. * sigh * Well this gives me a good excuse to re-silicone the 10 gallon!
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3 Not allowed!
    lol wow way to go on deciding to wait...a lot of people would have bought them and figured out what to do after the fact...
    20gal long planted community

Awards Showcase

TGIF! - Compass My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Wow....that's a find...but the thought of buying fish from Petco gives me the shivers....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I know what you mean Slap. Normally I wouldn't. Especially when they have an entire wall of tanks dedicated to those man made neon colored fish. Makes me sick. I was more or less looking at the CPDs going "I'll save you from this place!!!"

Awards Showcase

TGIF! - Compass My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I know what you mean Slap. Normally I wouldn't. Especially when they have an entire wall of tanks dedicated to those man made neon colored fish. Makes me sick. I was more or less looking at the CPDs going "I'll save you from this place!!!"
    Understood, the "I'll save you from this place" hits me the hardest when I see the betta "cups"...talk about making one ill....I have to look away, and then I feel guilty about not doing anything about it
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Wow....that's a find...but the thought of buying fish from Petco gives me the shivers....
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

6 Not allowed!
    The type of store aside for a moment, I too have found fish that I wanted to take home the minute I saw them in the store. My thoughts right away went to how can I taken these fish home and set up a tank for them. When I first started out in the hobby that would have been exactly what I did as well. However, I had to learn the hard way, impulse buys like that do not always work out in the end.

Good job thinking it through first. Truly a good example for other to follow as well.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I all ways want to buy a cool fish when I go to my lfs then I look at the price and walked away and relized that I didn't have a 100 gallon saltwater tank for it (moray eel)

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah they were such a rare find here. I must have stared at them for twenty minutes going through every possible method of bringing them hope successfully. I'm glad I passed though. I would have felt terrible if I had gotten them and they all died on me.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, that is interesting. I have not seen any "rarer" fish at the big chains. I have celestials and they are very cool fish and relatively easy to care for. The tend to get a little spooked with fast moving fish for a while, but they fit very well into communities well.
    Steve
    50 Gallon -
    Endlers | Guppies | Blue Eyed Rice | Celestial Pearl Danios | Threadfin Rainbows | Bronze Cory's
    Albino Cory's | Nerite Snails | Ghost Shrimp