· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 291 of 292 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 2911

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Me and Mrs. Slap pressure washed the house this weekend, it was a good time to do it, because you get soaking wet doing the overhead stuff

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    That cold front came through last night and brought our evening temps down into the low 70s. It was a blessing that was short-lived.

How long is the weather supposed to be that brutal for you?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Little break coming up for my area next week

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/beaumont/ext
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Rivers, we have this one here:

https://www.amazon.com/AR383-Electri.../dp/B002Z8E52Y

Not as powerful as a gas engine one, but for small jobs (and if you are willing to climb a ladder to reach very tall surfaces), it works just fine...easy to hook-up, easy to use
    How funny, I have been pressure washing a lot in the last 2 weeks. The pump went out on my old washer so we bought a new one that I just love (Steihl 400). My tip in using a pressure washer is to strap a piece of Velcro around the trigger/handle so that you don't have the strain of having to constantly press/hold down the trigger.
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    The one I linked has a button on the handle that you can engage to do that :)
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

4 Not allowed!
    Gads, a whole year!

Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    I don't recall having seen any updates on your tank(s) in a while. How are your critters doing?
    Thank you for your prompt, Rebecca. It seemed best to take your question over to my own journal to answer it.

I guess I've not posted an update because nothing has changed. Nothing new added + no changes = boring, for some. At least that's my thought. I'm happy with my stock as it is right now. Glad to be sitting at a 'no changes' stage for a bit, if that might make sense to some. Perhaps it might clarify to mention that I gave my last female Platy to a teacher friend, last school year. Livebearer fry are fun, but (for me) best to contain to occasional spurts, rather than a constant... influx.

I do need to switch some things around though. I'll get to that soonish. The moss (that I have a love-hate relationship with) has again grown....overgrown. It is currently messing with my favorite plant and we can't have that.

In the past, when I've been exasperated with the moss, I've declared it unwanted and ripped it all out. Something of it has always remained though. Sometimes through the inherent moss sneakiness, but often it is that I'll tell myself, mid rip-out, that it looks nice growing 'this particular way' on this certain piece of dw. Perhaps I'll just leave this bit here, and yes of course I'll keep it trimmed down against the wood like this... hahaha

I do like the moss though, overall. (It grew on me. ha!) There are numerous attributes of the moss that I appreciate, so it will probably always remain. Top of that list is that it keeps my little shrimp happy, and they continue to make me happy.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    I do need to switch some things around though. I'll get to that soonish. The moss (that I have a love-hate relationship with) has again grown....overgrown. It is currently messing with my favorite plant and we can't have that.

In the past, when I've been exasperated with the moss, I've declared it unwanted and ripped it all out. Something of it has always remained though. Sometimes through the inherent moss sneakiness, but often it is that I'll tell myself, mid rip-out, that it looks nice growing 'this particular way' on this certain piece of dw. Perhaps I'll just leave this bit here, and yes of course I'll keep it trimmed down against the wood like this... hahaha

I do like the moss though, overall. (It grew on me. ha!) There are numerous attributes of the moss that I appreciate, so it will probably always remain. Top of that list is that it keeps my little shrimp happy, and they continue to make me happy.
    Do you have a LFS you can sell it too? If you saw in my retirement tank journal, the moss clump I removed got me a $25 credit. I never seem to get all of it either - usually a few strands remain. But that's OK with me as I also like it as it starts to get bushy. But when it starts to hide other plants or, in my case, a whole school of fish, it's time for most of it to go again.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Do you have a LFS you can sell it too? If you saw in my retirement tank journal, the moss clump I removed got me a $25 credit. I never seem to get all of it either - usually a few strands remain. But that's OK with me as I also like it as it starts to get bushy. But when it starts to hide other plants or, in my case, a whole school of fish, it's time for most of it to go again.

I did see that, Sue. I'm so glad for you that you have such a nice LFS - as well as your awesome relationship with them.

I have been fortunate enough in the past to be able to go to two separate LFSs with extras (fish and plants both). Sometimes I got store credit, sometimes straight trades for other plants/fish. Unfortunately, one store relocated and has yet to re-open in our city and the other store has permanently closed.

There is another LFS that will take anything I'd like to donate, but only as a donation currently. There are numerous aquatic plant enthusiasts around town, so their 'donation supply' is pretty steady.

Your suggestion is appreciated, though. One of my past trades yielded me the favorite plant mentioned previously. It is an Anubias and I'd be delighted to add another variety, in future. Can't recall what I traded to get it, but trading is a fun thing itself.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

4 Not allowed!
    I'm glad the moss is growing on you. Keep that up you'll end up looking like an ent.

Glad things are going well in your tank! It's interesting how stability is sort of the holy grail, but it's the changes that make it fun. :) I bet I speak or more than me when I say,

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Nice update, you had me smiling, that was well written. I enjoy reading about your thoughts. I don't think it's boring, I'm glad to hear from you. And yes please! Pics if you can :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Page 291 of 292 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292 LastLast