· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Have you thought about golden bristle nose pleco? I have one, he's bright yellow and orange, colour has become a lot more bright as he's gotten older, and he's heaps of fun! That would help with your wanting colour? You can have more than one I believe. They are cool!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also, go pictures!!!!

1 Not allowed!
    @ Slaphppy ~ I tried 4 different filters before I settled on the one I ended up with. (I know, I’m behind on my pictures) I had really wanted the Eheim Classic 350 Cannister -- brought that one home -- but it would not fit (no way, no how… and how I tried). The thing about under the cabinet is that I’ve not yet convinced my husband to give that space over to me as yet… It’s a work in progress, shall we say?

Also, I admit to being pretty nervous about installing a device that pumps all the water out of the tank, then returns it, via tiny hoses. I'd hate to come home to water flooded all over my floor and dead fish in my now waterless tank. I'd likely have nightmares about that possibility, even.

Right now, the entire bottom of this cabinet houses hubby’s record collection. (Yes, vinyl – the youngsters might not realize that isn’t fetish-wear that I’m discussing) The tuner –- hubby’s from way-back -- has “Technics by Panasonic” on the front. Yes it works well, and yep, it is old. We do enjoy our tunes.

As far as hardscape, I’ve noticed my tank has all sorts of optical illusions. For example, the sides and back almost appear mirrored from the inside. Also, objects appear either closer or further back from where they really are. My stump is positioned in the very back corner, yet it appears to be further forward. Perhaps this sort of thing is common to all bodies of water and my marveling at it just illustrates my newbie-hood. It’s been fun to play around with, though.
    Last edited by RiversGirl; 04-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; 9 Cherry Barb; 16 Neon Tetra; 21 Rummy-nose Tetra; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I see, I too have all of my vinyl albums from years ago, 300+ of them, so I understand him wanting a safe place to store them. No worries really with canister filters leaking as long as they are assembled correctly and all connections are tight, but I understand your apprehension.

Wow, an old "Technics" tuner...that thing is an antique!...very cool that it still works

Yes, all tanks have those optical illusions, once filled with water...I must have re-arranged mine a dozen times before I figured that out, lol...I finally just decided to hardscape the tank as viewed from the front, and left it at that.

Your tank is coming along nicely, this build will be fun to watch!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    @ EvieBee ~ Thank you for suggesting a golden bristle nose pleco. I've added this to my consideration list. It is wonderful in that they are better housed as the only of its kind. This goes in the plus-column. I am rather concerned about the max size being so large though. Oh, and you are right -- these are very pretty!
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; 9 Cherry Barb; 16 Neon Tetra; 21 Rummy-nose Tetra; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They do get large, I think 12-15cm but they will are very much a personality bottom dweller and colourful. Personally I love mine, Spike. But yeah... Size is an issue.

0 Not allowed!
    This is soaking on the back patio. I am very excited about this piece.

I'm calling it the Tunnels Stump and I will add it to the other driftwood already in my tank: The Stump (which is larger) and The Bridge.

2 Not allowed!
    those are nice peices!
    The fish will love the tunnels, but you will end up hating them. I'm betting you are going to be a fish counter once you get stocking, and you will never know if there is a fish hiding in that tunnel or not when you are trying to do a fin count.
    20gal long planted community

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Gorgeous pieces, indeed...my DW "stump" has a cave throughout the middle of it, and I keep a flashlight handy to peek in there...all kinds of activity, but yeah, if you become a "fish counter", be sure to keep a flashlight nearby, LOL

I wouldn't worry about it, that piece is too nice not to use
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Slaphppy7 ~ A flashlight! thank you for that, I'll definitely designate one (and try to keep the kids from stealing it).

sheamurai ~ Counting fish... oh yikes. I must try to refrain from that habit, as I've hidey-holes in pretty much every piece of décor I've put in. I'll drive myself nuts!

I know I'm behind on photos. I'll work on that.