· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Since I am doing a fishless (Shrimpless cycle :D) and the tank will only ever have shrimp in it, with the extremely low bioload, would cycling with a dose of 1-2ppm of ammonia be sufficient to do the cycle? also would plants be ok in this low dose?
    With the lower dosage in combination of having a partially mature filter, I'm hoping to cycle it relatively easy.
    The partially matured filter would have been in my ram community tank for two weeks. I understand that this is not sufficient time for it to be fully seeded but hopefully it may speed up the cycle time frame.
    Last edited by Aiden123; 04-09-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I think that would be plenty of ammonia, I'd even shoot for just 1 ppm. Plants will be fine. I like your DIY siphon, too
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I think that would be plenty of ammonia, I'd even shoot for just 1 ppm. Plants will be fine. I like your DIY siphon, too
    That's good to know :D and thank you, it has made water changes very easy especially on my dad's tank as it required two people for the water change, one to siphon and one to hold the bucket above the tank.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well tomorrow is the big day were I get the rest of the stuff to get the tank set up :D

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    The tank is now up, running and cycling at 1ppm ammonia :D

20140411_193306.jpg

I shall put up a mini guide on how I set up the tank with a variety of products that do different things.

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good, once the plants grow in it'll be a neat little tank!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hopefully they plants will grow well whilst it is cycling. I want the wood to get nice and bushy!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Shrimp love "nice and bushy"

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Since I have quite a lot of air bubbles, would it still be worth dosing liquid carbon whilst the tank is cycling to encourage plant growth?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea on that one...I know the BB need oxygen to grow, not sure if infused CO2 would interfere or not