· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default 20 Gallon (UK) Posh Shrimp Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Well since I am setting up a new tank, I thought I would set up a second journal too

This tank will first be home to some F1 hybrid bee shrimp and then hopefully to some Taiwan bee shrimp

The Tank
    • 45cm x 45cm x 45cm custom made tank
    • 2x 400 litre sponge filter
    • 480 litre Boyu air pump
    • 2x Eheim air diffusers
    • 100 watt Fluval Electronic Heater
    • 17 Watt Wave Point High Output LED Clip on Light
    • Jad glass thermomenter

Products
    • 16kg Borneowild Shrimp Substrate
    • Borneowild Enline
    • Borneowild Minerax
    • Borneowild Bebi
    • Borneowild Shield
    • Borneowild Spinach
    • Borneowild Barley
    • Borneowild Minerock
    • Borneowild Bee Balls
    • Azoo Bioballs

Decor
    • Central piece of Redmoor wood
    • Black Lava Rock
    • Java Fern
    • Anubias Congensis
    • Variety of mosses (to be confirmed which types)

Cycle Plan
    As these shrimp are quite sensitive, I will ensure a proper fish-less cycle (or in this case shrimp-less) has been carried out. In order to cut the time for the cycle, I have placed one of the sponge filters in my German Blue Ram Community Tank to hopefully seed it with the initial stages of bacteria.

Photos
    CAM00270.jpg

CAM00269.jpg
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Little update on this tank:
    I have ordered the decor for it.
    • Black Lava Rock
    • Weeping Moss
    • Fissidens Fontanus
    • Flame Moss
    • Coral Pelia
    • Monosolenium tenerum

My idea for the decor is to add the weeping moss to the wood in the centre.
    Flame moss carpet at the front (Will keep trimmed short to create a lawn effect)
    Fissidens Fontanus in the centre of the wood to create a "bush" at it's base
    Coral Pelia on one of the lava rocks
    Monosolenium tenerum on one of the lava rocks
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

Awards Showcase

have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl 
    Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus 
    Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like you have a solid plan, this will be a nice little shrimp tank...that driftwood is awesome
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. It took me ages to find a piece I wanted for the tank. In the end I gave up and just stuck two separate pieces together to form this one.

Awards Showcase

have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA 
    Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl 
    Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus 
    Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    HA, you can't even tell, nice job...I like the way it branches out in all directions...

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    That's what I wanted, a piece with a flattish, fat base to add some sort of most to bush it out and then lots of branches to attach weeping moss that hangs down. I found similar pieces but the prices are ridiculous around 30-40 and the weren't even big pieces. Buying two seperate ones and sticking them together cost me less than 10.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Nice...all of my driftwood was picked up by a local lake, so it didn't cost me a thing. The LFS by me charges ridiculous amounts of money for tiny little pieces.

0 Not allowed!
    Seems you're off to a good start, how's your tap water?

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    My tap water isn't suitable. 220 tds, gh7 and kh 3. I will be using r/o water remineralised just like I use in my ram tank.

10. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Another little update. I have been working on a little experiment. Since this tank is quite tall, I have nothing high enough to stand my water bucket on to provide enough gravity for a effective siphon. So I used the pump from an old Marina slim S10 filter and attached some old siphon hose to it. I must say it works quite well. From shifting water from one container to another, both at the same height, it transfers 10 litres of water in under 5 minutes in a nice steady manner.

Here is a little picture of it in action:

20140408_212905.jpg

Sorry for the mess
    Last edited by Aiden123; 04-08-2014 at 08:44 PM.