· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   

Default How to fix weak stems?

0 Not allowed!
    For some reason a lot of the plants I put in my tank eventually need replacing because their stems have gone all weak and soft. At first I thought it was because the light wasnt reaching all the way down there, but ive seen tanks which are literally chocked full of plants, so surely this isnt the case?

I have T5 lighting with JBL bulbs, Colour tube at the front and natural at the back. I use JBL Ferropol weekly fertilizer, I also have some Seachem Potassium which I havent used much as the JBL should have everything in it. I have tried with co2 and without and it doesnt seem to make much difference (I only had DIY, currently saving for a proper pressurized setup).

27 Gallon planted: Super Dragon Betta, Neon Tetras, Honey Gourami, Rummy Nose Tetra, Checker barbs, Bolivian Ram, Otocinclus, Amano shrimp, Assassin snails.

75 Gallon Reef: Ocellaris Clownfish pair, Firefish, Royal Gramma, Bangaii Cardinal, Midas Blenny, Coral Beauty Angelfish, Cleaner Shrimp, 18+ crabs and snails

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Some plants can't handle fertilizers so that may be the case. What plants are in the tank and what fish and what plants afected???
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Is this happening to ALL the plants or just a select few? If its happening to just a few, what kind of plants is it happening to?

If its happening and the plants are a type of Cryptocoryne, that's actually just a normal transition due to change in water conditions and the plants will grow back from the root stock.