· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

0 Not allowed!
    Alright so I tested my water tonight when I got home, everything looks pretty good
    Ammonia-0
    ph-7 (was 6.5 last week)
    Nitrite-0
    Nitrate-10 to 20
    and the temp has been at 79/80. Im thinking of lowering it... I dont know.

I have now done a 60% water change

Im thinking it might be parasitic, but I have no ideas on what it is
    Last edited by Hailey; 04-15-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Awards Showcase

Cheers to a fellow SE Texan! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry about your pup - SeaLady For your loss - steeler58 You need a Cory! - SeaLady 
    Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos 
    Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl 

0 Not allowed!
    The reading you have look ok to me. What or why changed your ph over the week? Firm what i have read rams like 78-82 deg temp. I ment from.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

0 Not allowed!
    I'm thinking maybe the rocks I added???
    So last night after I posted I did a about 60% water change. I had a shower came back and the smallest EBR couldn't take it. He pretty much died right away. Stuck to the filter but was still alive so I netted him and died overnight.
    I dosed the tank with some melafix and added a Indian almond leaf.
    On the plus side everyone seems to be doing a little better.
    And I will keep my water temp at about 78/79
    I'm at work but will try to update tonight. Thanks guys

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry to hear that another one didn't make it.
    For GBR's it is recommended to do small but frequent water changes instead of one big one as they are sensitive to changes in the water. I would imagine this applies to EBR's too. Maybe for any future problems this may help.
    Glad the others are doing well, hope it stays that way!
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

0 Not allowed!
    Yea for sure. Always worries me doing a large water change but worried about parasites or something else like that. So figured I couldn't really lose. I'll just continue to do small daily water changes untill I have to leave for the weekend.

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like I will be down to 1 EBR after tonight. My biggest male looks like he will die tonight :( so discouraged and upset!
    The GBRs are doing ok. Their colour isnt so great though. The 2 rabauti corys are doing amazing though, super happy and swimming all over the place

I just wish I knew what was going on though with the rams so I could at least try to fix it!

0 Not allowed!
    Well it's not a electric blue ram tank anymore :( one has passed every night untill there are none left. Mystery to me.
    But the Germans are doing well. A little pale but well. Noticed a little scratching so I will keep my eye out.
    I'm gonna just let this pass hopefully and wait a while to make sure everyone else in the tank is ok. But after I get the go ahead I will deff be getting a male in there!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Apologies if you have already posted these but what are your ph, tds,gh and kh?
    I say this because rams love soft, acidic water. My father has a pair of rams in parameters of:
    Ph: 7.4
    TDS: 200
    GH: 7
    KH: 3

Although these aren't ideal, the rams seem happy. However compared them to my pair of rams there is a noticeable difference in colour and behaviour. My tank parameters are:
    PH: 6.0
    TDS: 150
    GH: 6
    KH: 0-1

Since EBR are more sensitive and pickier when it comes to water, this may have contributed.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS