· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Electric Blue Rams

0 Not allowed!
    I am the new owner (and first time owner) of 5 young EBRs! I am hoping to have at least one pair in there and breed them. They are currently in a 25g planted tank housed with a bunch of cories (3 of which are at least 7-8 years old! I call them the 3 old men, haha) and my 5 year old ottos have seemed to have passed away recently :(
    Anyways Ive been away from the fish game for a couple years now since my 90 gal tanks bottom shattered one day while I was at work. Hard to recover from that.

I will post a pic of the tank soon. It is a bit over run by my anubias plants, they have been doing really well. And I need to get a background on the back. Its been bare since the 90 gal shattered and this was just a quick back up rescue tank...

Day 1: All 5 rams are doing really well. They survived the night and are very curious of all the live plants, picking at everything. I know for sure I have 1 dominate male. Hes a beauty.
    I acclimated them for about 2 hours last night, slowly replacing the water in the bag with the tank water. Works like a charm.
    I will be doing a small water change today and a clean up since the nitrates are a little higher than I would like them. But its my fault. I see dead plant debris...
    and as I said I will be posting pics soon

0 Not allowed!
    Before cleaning
    IMG_2302.jpg
    After
    IMG_2308.jpg
    Last edited by Hailey; 04-07-2014 at 04:13 AM.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the help and advice - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady 
    Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 
    Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats and nice tank - I like the black sand, is it tahitian moon? And also 'grats on the ebgbr's.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

One back at you! - steeler58 Never too late to drink to the fallen. - KevinVA Have another tetras for the new tank - steeler58 Have another tetra, you need more fish anyway :) - steeler58 Good advice on the Flame tetra, I can't rep you any more, so have a "cherry barb" - steeler58 
    Now you have 15! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have a Cory!! - steeler58 Good Luck - pRED Sorry about the betta - Slaphppy7 
    to your next Betta - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Chin-up - Cliff sorry for your loss. - cm12setx T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Enjoy the 4th my friend! - Taurus Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    I really like that tank. Big fan of low light plants like your anubias and crypts. I hope the EBRs do well for you. That is one species I'd love to have in the future.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That is a lovely looking tank and I am sure your EBR's love it too!
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and MTS
    • 15 gallon: 1 Pair German Blue Ram, 9 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Threadfin Rainbowfish, a lot of cherry shrimp and MTS

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. The sand is actually 3m color quartz in black. I bought a few bags about 5 years ago when I tracked some down. Kinda hard stuff to find. And washing it's out was gross. Very oily but worth it! Look it up. Comes in all diff colours.
    And yes my anubias plants are doing very well. Anyone want some??? The crypts have finally gotten to where they are after about 5 years. I ordered them online and came as just stubs as for the crypt melt or whatever it's called.
    Anyone know how I can control the algae on my slow growing anubias?
    Will try to take some pics tonight of the EBRs

0 Not allowed!
    That is a nice lay out. I hope your ebrs grow out colorful.

0 Not allowed!
    Day 3: One of the rams seems not to be doing very well. The others are doing awesome though, so bright and active.
    I could tell yesterday, two of the rams were not very active and very dull in colour, kind of hanging out together. Now today I couldnt even find one of them but its because he is hiding at the top of the tank in some floating aubias. So we will just have to wait and see how he turns out, but Im not expecting him to make it too much longer.

Heres a couple quick pics I took last night
    IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg

Oh and tonight will be the first feeding (here anyways) of blood worms! cant wait to watch this, lol
    Last edited by Hailey; 04-09-2014 at 05:01 AM.

Awards Showcase

I don't like to drink alone..... Cheers - Cliff because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    feelin your pain - SeaLady Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED 
    Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking fish and your tank is very well done.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How the first feeding go??