· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Bad idea on the co2. Makes the plants more likely to consume nutrients and keep the algae low.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Okay, so should I stop dosing Excel?
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

0 Not allowed!
    I would. Unless it gets seriously out of hand

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Doubtful that the plants will help much, most of the O2/CO2 exchange takes place at the surface of the water. Gourami's don't care, and Ancistrus can live in lower O2 levels than some fish, but for a breeding tank it's much better to have a fair bit of circulation. None of the Ancistrus (or other types of "pleco" for that matter) come from still water; they're adapted to flowing water, and usually strong current.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
    None of the Ancistrus (or other types of "pleco" for that matter) come from still water; they're adapted to flowing water, and usually strong current.
    No, that's not correct. There's quite a few blackwater species in the ancistrus alone

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seems like the Gouramis like the tank! If I am not wrong this is the start of a bubble nest?
    uploadfromtaptalk1396799651636.jpg

The Ancistrus should be perfectly happy. There is not much current in my main tank yet they are perfectly happy. They keep breeding in the main tank.

This 135L is setup to mimic the main tank in all but volume.
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Ah, I missed the last line in the post regarding the canister filter, thought it was one of the Walstead setups where the intent is to balance the fish/plants in perfect harmony w/out filtration. Not a wise choice for a tank with poop factories like Ancistrus...

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.