· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    uploadfromtaptalk1396564373519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396564391750.jpg what is really interesting is my male had lost almost all if his black coloring until I added the new female and then it came roaring back.
    40 gallon FW -1 male halfmoon betta named Max, 2 GBR's (Peter and Lois) who better clean up their act, 11neon tetras (damn GBR's killed one), 12 black neon tetras, 2 assassin snails, and 1 albino BN pleco named Tiberius.

Awards Showcase

My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

2 Not allowed!
    Very nice pair!
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - right now a QT, future Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

4 Not allowed!
    Glad things are working out. I didn't see this thread until you had already swapped out the first female, but that's what I would have suggested you do. IME with cichlids, if you have a fish that starts out being an ass, its not going to get any better with time or changing the tank decor. The only thing to do is to add something even more aggressive that will dominate the tank and become the new alpha fish (and may just become the new bully), or to do what you did - swap it for a fish that will hopefully be more compatible.

Fish are individuals, and surprising behaviors shouldn't surprise us all that much, considering the artificial environments we keep our fish in.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenalee View Post
    Ok, so I forgot that we have added driftwood since my avatar so here is a current tank pic as well as a pic of each one. I think the first fish is my boy and the second is my girl. Attachment 33245
    The neons (black\red&blue) look great together. Glad everything worked out with the rams.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"