· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stocking ideas!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsmax View Post
    Doing some more research I think pentazona barbs would be very nice as well!
    That's a great choice, as well.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Basically when my tank is ready for fish the species ill get is the one I find first since none of these species are in my 2 lfs all the time. I did see some black ruby barbs at a petstore about 2 weeks ago but I'd rather cut my wrists then buy fish from that store!
    55 gallon, 22 Cardinal Tetras, 11 Celestial Pearl Danios, 5 Sterbai Corydoras, 5 Gold Honey Gourami, 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

0 Not allowed!
    Is purchasing online out of the question? Gunpowder Aquatics and Wet spot Tropical Fish both have them. There are other sellers on Aquabid that do, as well.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well I would rather just wait and see them in person but if I need to I'd be willing to order on line.
    55 gallon, 22 Cardinal Tetras, 11 Celestial Pearl Danios, 5 Sterbai Corydoras, 5 Gold Honey Gourami, 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Filled the tank up and am going to start cycling with ammonia tonight wish me luck!

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome. Good luck! Let us know if you need anything.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Will do, I'm hopefully going my best lfs tomorrow just to see what they have.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys didn't go to the lfs today but I was wondering since this is my first time cycling with ammonia. How will I tell when their is enough bacteria for me to get fish. I hear if it goes from about 5 ppm to around 1 to 0.5 in around 8 hours its cycled is this true?

0 Not allowed!
    The tank will be cycled when Ammonia and Nitrites can be oxidized in 24hrs or less. If you dose 2-4ppm Ammonia and it and Nitrites read 0ppm on the following day, you're cycled. You'll likely have a ton of Nitrates, so you'll need to do a big water change prior to stocking the tank.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent just what I needed to know thanks!