· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default help! I'm in a rutt.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi all,

I have had my 60G tank set up for quite a few years now however I have moved from several rental houses in that time. I have kept the same 3 hardscape focuses being two rocks and a beautiful piece of driftwood that adds a lot to the look and feel of the tank as well as hiding places for the fish to feel safe.

Over the years I have had a variety of fish and because of the moves I have lost some along the way.

Currently I have 6 black widow tetras, 2 Congo tetras (have lost three recently - cause unknown) 1 eel catfish, 1 kissing gourami (roughly 15cm long) and a gorgeous Pleco about 25 cm long. I have also got some giant Ambuila plants and a java fern.

Now to get out of the rutt!

I am interested in the prospect of changing the tank environment. But I need some advice and ideas. All I want to keep the same is the driftwood and the plants even if it means moving the plants to another location within the tank. The rocks don't have to be used in the tank.

I don't have C02 which may impact on the plants I use in the aquascape.

I'm really excited to talk about ideas and plans with anyone interested.

Dutchy.

0 Not allowed!
    Pics would help :)
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    IMG_3669[1].jpgIMG_3669[1].jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure how crazy you want to get, but a few small changes would change the look quite a bit.

New/different substrate would change it up, remove one of the rocks and find different sized ones to put in instead, to change up the height a bit. Move some plants towards the front glass, or add new ones suited to being in the middle.

Even a different colour background would give it a different look.

These are just a couple thoughts, I'm sure Jenn will have some much better ideas!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Definately going to find different rocks and change up the size of the new ones. im not sure what substrate I want to go with yet If I do change it.
    I know I want to make more use of the foreground, mid and back with layering plants I just have to find plants to suit these spaces.

0 Not allowed!
    Change the substrate to perhaps some black sand...Black Diamond 20-40 blasting grit is awesome. Move the wood further to the left so it is off center...ditch the rock you have currently for some smaller rock in a grey tone. Pile them around the piece of wood. Plant some tall plants along the back wall, put some crypts in the middle, anubias in the cracks of the rock. Done
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cheers for the ideas. Its really appreciated hearing other peoples ideas and opinions after having the tank set up like this for so many years.

Dutchy