· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Give this a try. Take a plastic container with a lid. Drill or poke a lot of holes on the upper 3/4's of the sides. You can poke or drill some holes in the top as well. Put a bit of gravel in the container, and then bait it with a bunch of food. Leave it on the bottom of the tank overnight. In the morning, take a net and scoop the container up. The net will catch any snails that might escape when you lift the container. Should have a bunch of snails in there. Keep repeating for a week or so.

Failing that, get some assassin snails like others mentioned. Or borrow a puffer fish:p

Cut back on feeding as well, a snail explosion can happen because of excess food in the tank.

0 Not allowed!
    ^ that's the snail trap I've used and it does work pretty well.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    that's a good idea!

Today I pulled out my fake plants and rinsed them all. ( I just did this two days ago) They get so many baby snails it looks like they have berries. I put them back in and sit for a second to see if I can easily notice any more snails when i see on my real plants.. 2 egg sacs... 4 baby rams and 3 baby pond snails... i notice the leaves are chewed on and that's not something I can readily, frequently take out to clean off... I'm feeling a little defeated... I plan on putting a lot of real plants in my tank soon. (I decided I should get my main tank exactly the way I want it before I start up my other tank.. common sense right? sometimes it comes slightly delayed for me lol) I haven't seen anything eating on or evidence of anything eating on my real plants so this was pretty crushing.

I think I'm going to just get some assassin snails. Today I've plucked at least 40 out of my tank between the cleaning off fake plants and noticing one or two here and there at a time and plucking them out... It bothers me to constantly be killing baby anything... the thought of the babies being eaten will bother me too but I'm kind of at a loss now that I see they're eating and breeding on the live plants... It sucks bc I have been falling in love with the huge yellow mystery snails but that's going to be out in this tank at least. So the hunt is on for some assassin snails.. reluctantly..
    65g: 12 Neon Tetras, 12 Zebra Danios, 7 Panda Cory, 2 Honey Gourami, 2 Clown Plecos, 4 Bloodfin Tetra, 3 Whitecloud and some snail hitch hikers... *shakes her fist*

40g breeder in the works. (too many directions to go.. can't decide)

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time" Thomas A. Edison (i find this to be true in this hobby)

0 Not allowed!
    Plants are hardy and will recoop. Don't worry about the bitten leaves. Once they grow a bit more, you can trim, and hopefully at that time you'll be pest snail free.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Try here for assassins:

http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/