· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Want to buy a camera, any recommendations

0 Not allowed!
    I want a camera that can take excellent photograph to moving or not moving fish. I have Africans cichlids and they are always moving. I will be willing to pay 300 or less. So a good camera in this price. Will appreciate the help.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Definitely talk to Cygnus about that. A few others may know too, but Cygnus did a thread call Chronicle on how to photograph fish or something like that and seem to really know what he was talking about. I can link for you of you'd like once I get to my laptop.
    37g Freshwater 1 Angelfish, 8 Cherry Barbs, 6 Cardinals, 1 Bristlenose Pleco.
    Live Plants Java Fern, Anubias Nana, Amazon Sword, Java moss, Moneywort, and Bronze Wendtii.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    OK will be waiting

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ight=Chronicle

thats the link drew was talking about
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

0 Not allowed!
    You could get a used Nikon D60 for that price, had one for a few years and really liked it. You may also could score a used D90 on ebay for arond 300 if you were patient.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Genocidex! Wouldn't be at my laptop until tonight unfortunately.
    37g Freshwater 1 Angelfish, 8 Cherry Barbs, 6 Cardinals, 1 Bristlenose Pleco.
    Live Plants Java Fern, Anubias Nana, Amazon Sword, Java moss, Moneywort, and Bronze Wendtii.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is the sony a100 a good one compared to nikon d60 or d90?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Or the nikon d5200

0 Not allowed!
    Any Nikon DSLR will not leave you satisfied. The older D40-D60 were entry level models just as the now D3000series. The D5000 series is a step up and is the next version of the D90 so it is going to give you very accurate results. I am currently using a D7000 which is an absolutely amazing camera....if you can swing its price tag it is definitely worth it.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What you need to look at is the noise ability of the camera, the lenses available, the colour reproduction of the sensor and the general feel of the camera.

I personally use Sony DSLRs and have been very pleased with the colour reproduction. However, the older generation, such as the a100 are not great when it comes to the noise side of life. In fact, I don't push mine past ISO 400 because it starts to really struggle. The colour is however, very good, with lovely warm tones to the images.

The Nikons are good cameras with better noise control but slightly worse colours. I have not been impressed with the entry-level Nikons as the build quality appears to be poor compared to my Sony.

Canons have more blue tones to the images but have incredible noise control.

In terms of what runs around on the Ebay world, Sony has the biggest second-hand lens market as most of the autofocus Minolta and Konica Minolta lenses will work 100% with the new Sony DSLRs. (a-mount series). This also means that you can pick up some very good lenses for quite low prices. A website called Dyxum has a full list of every lens that will work with modern Sonys. I own about 20 lenses total and maybe 4 are new Sony lenses.
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!