· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Our newsest family member.

3 Not allowed!
    The wife and I had found that our house was very empty after loosing Otis, our St Barnard to cancer last year. We had thought about getting another St Barnard but felt we would likely end up comparing the new St Barnard to Otis which would not be fair to the new dog

After lots of research and talking with various professional dog trainings that we have come know over that past few years, we decided to get a English Mastiff

We found two breeders within a day drive from where we live that seemed to be really good and I drove out to meet with both of them just to make sure they were good breeders. As luck would have it, one of these two breeders had a customer back out of getting a puppy so we had first chance to get a fawn colored male mastiff

We named him Bishop.

Here's a pic when he was 6 weeks old when I first started talking to the breeder about him

Here's a pic when we brought him home at 8 weeks old

He is now 10 weeks old and growing like a weed. He put on 5 lbs last week and is about 1/4 to 1/2" taller now. We have started talking him everywhere we could think of that is puppy friendly to get and keep him very well socialized. We are already signed up for puppy obedience classes starting in two weeks
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty boy!...how big will he eventually get, and weigh?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on the new addition. He's a sweetheart! Nothing like a puppy to remind you of the joy of having a pet and to fill the hole left in your heart after losing one. He's a lucky little (big) dog :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys

Here's a pic of his dad. His dad was well over 200lbs, and his mom was around 180 to 200lbs. I am guessing Bishop will end up between 200 and 220 lbs. That seams to be a average size for a English Mastiff male based on what I have been told and read about them.

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    WOW, he'll weigh more than me!....which isn't saying much since I'm only 148....but I bet it'd be a chore if you had to pick him up for anything (ie, vet visits)...makes my back hurt just thinking about it, lol
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I see his dad is a brindle (I think that's what it's called) Very pretty. Will Bishop eventually be brindle or will he stay the color he is now? My hubby used to raise quarter horses and sometimes the foals were one color the first six months or so and then changed to something else.
    Either way, he's a beautiful dog.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

1 Not allowed!
    LOL, after having a 220 lb St Barnard, I'm ready for it.

Bishop will end up being fawn colored, just like his mom is. He mask (black coloring on his face) will darken up a little in time and his body color will get a little lighter.

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely pup, congrats on the addition!

Ive never seen a brindle english mastiff, beautiful coloration to the father as well.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congratulations Cliff!! Bishop is so cute you just have to smile ... looking forward to watching this "big boy" grow!!

0 Not allowed!
    It is hard to see how fast they can grow when you spend a lot of time with them every day.

The first pic is my wife holding Bishop when he I brought him home at 8 weeks old (~20lbs). The next one was taken this afternoon at 10 weeks old (~30 lbs)