· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 45cm Cube Aquascape

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys,
    I will be getting a 45cm cube tank soon and would like some ideas on how to aquascape it. It will be extremely low tech with no ferts, co2 etc so I understand that this limits what I can do. The tank will be a shrimp only tank so mosses will be a must and I would like some kind of focal point.

Lighting wise, I will be using a WavePoint 12" 16 Watt 65K Natural Daylight LED High Output Clamp Light so lighting levels will be low but the light does penetrate rather well to the lower levels of the tank compared to the tank I have with T8 lighting.

It must also be noted that I am toying with the idea of a UGF. I don't want to get into the debate of why I am thinking of using it but I do understand that it will limit my options further.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    • 20 gallon: Posh shrimp tank:2 panda taiwan bee shrimp, 14 F1 hybrid bee shrimps and 30 taitibee
    • 15 gallon:High tech planted tank with 7 forktail rainbow fish, 4 horned nerite snails and red cherry shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    What about a nice pc of driftwood as a focal point for the tank. You can also grow / attach your moss to it giving you a very nice look.

There is nothing wrong with UGFs. I had used one for many years, but they are a lot more work. Just make sure that you understand the required maintenance to keep them working properly.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]