· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Sand please help

0 Not allowed!
    So by noon tomorrow I need to have "sand" in a tank I have. The tank is just invertebrates and I just fond out about this. So I can't go to the store tomorrow or today because there to far away, is there anything that looks like sand that I could use instead of sand and I need replies fast. Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    Since you can't go to the store this needs to be something that looks like sand that you could potentially just have lying around your house?

~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of inverts?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes and "freshwater" crabs.

Awards Showcase

Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Wow...sorry but I don't have a clue what you could substitute for sand, that would be safe and readily available...hope you figure out something
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You know the colored sand packets for the sticky art stuff, do you think that would work?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eicg View Post
    You know the colored sand packets for the sticky art stuff, do you think that would work?
    I would definitely assume that something in that stuff is toxic.

-S

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have sand in your yard anywhere? I personally wouldn't do that but maybe you could research it and see if you could bake or boil it to make it safe for aquarium use. Seems sketchy....why can't you go to the store? No ride?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the closest store is an hour away and i don't have a ride and we used to have a sandbox but my one of my cats turned it into a litter box. Would just some normal soil work, maybe.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eicg View Post
    the closest store is an hour away and i don't have a ride and we used to have a sandbox but my one of my cats turned it into a litter box. Would just some normal soil work, maybe.
    Normal soil could contain too many different things, chemicals, metals, excess nutrients. Cause serious algae problems, or could end up killing the inverts. You can keep the tank bare bottom, until you get a chance to get to the store. Hmm could always find small gravel, pebbles, stones and stuff, rinse it real well.

I would avoid the colored sand, the dyes may be toxic, or leach out into the water.