· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default New betta (with photos)

0 Not allowed!
    Picked up a beautiful new betta a few days ago, called him Bael. He is very active and curious. As luck would have it the day after he arrived I had to put a guppy in quarantine as he got badly beaten up in the main tank - as I'd stupidly decided to turn the quarantine tank into betta tank this was a problem. Bael instantly went on the attack - never had a truly aggressive betta before! Luckily I have a divider so I stuck that into the tank so they can share for now. Both are doing well and seem happy with the arrangement, phew! My shopping now includes a new quarantine tank hahahaha ....

Hello, I am Bael

Shiny under the flash but it doesn't do his colour justice at all - just washes him out :( So hard to get a good photo.

Less focussed shot, but this is his true colour, almost mauve-blue (though he is young so might change as he grows). I think he's gorgeous!

And one for the road, poor bashed up Mr Goldylocks
    Last edited by Soot; 03-19-2014 at 06:23 PM.
    55g planted: 10x adult guppies + fry, 8x kuhli loaches, 7x black neons, 4x neons, 6x Amano shrimp, assassin snails & cherry shrimp

10g planted: Bael the betta, 2x Indian glassfish & Pops the purple Apple snail

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful fish. Probably driving him nuts that he can't get to that poor little guppy.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Beautiful fish. Probably driving him nuts that he can't get to that poor little guppy.
    Luckily the divider is quite opaque so although when I first stuffed it in the other day there was a bit of a panic (mostly from me!) and I thought Bael was going to go nuts, he soon went back to his java fern plant and they have not looked as each other since, both eating well and Mr Goldylocks looks a lot better thank god. Will put him back in the main tank soon, just thought he needed some time out. He frequently argues with an endler male who is much faster and has no flowing fins so it's an unfair fight. The others never fight, dunno what it is about these two/.
    55g planted: 10x adult guppies + fry, 8x kuhli loaches, 7x black neons, 4x neons, 6x Amano shrimp, assassin snails & cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    LOL. Macho guppies. Sounds like some people I know.

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    LOL. Macho guppies. Sounds like some people I know.
    I guess when you have the misfortune of being named Mr Goldylocks ... the other guy is called Wayland.
    Like I said, it's not a fair fight!

Awards Showcase

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah if my name was Mr. Goldylocks I think I might have to get into a few fights.

Going back to the betta, I keep looking at that tail and now I want a Popsicle Firecracker.

http://www.popsicle.com/product/deta...52/firecracker

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's time for Mr Goldylocks to move back into the main tank, but I feel almost sad about that. He's really thrived in the small tank, fins growing back, more lively and interactive than ever before (he has one guppy fry buddy in with him - that little fish can move through to Bael's side, but always hangs out with Mr Goldylocks), eating well, colours look great. Would it be cruel to keep him in the smaller tank for a while longer? Realistically there is only about 5G of water on each side of the divider (tank is approx 15 Gallons and water line is quite low + substrate) ... but he is only a teeny fish (endler hybrid) after all ... Perhaps I can get away with giving him another week before transferring back to the main tank. Bael can then discover how big the world really is. After the LFS , he thinks his 5G side with plants is the most amazing place in the world. My LFS don't keep them in cups, they do keep them in 1/2G dividers ...

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is your betta a delta tali or halfmoon i am trying to learn the different types of tails. He looks a lot like a delta tail. Hope your Mr. Goldylocks likes being back in the big tank.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eicg View Post
    Is your betta a delta tali or halfmoon i am trying to learn the different types of tails. He looks a lot like a delta tail. Hope your Mr. Goldylocks likes being back in the big tank.

Sorry I'm not sure! I just bought the fish lol. From looking online I would say half moon as when he is fully flared up he looks like a perfect circle.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Updated photo - not flared up but holding himself well.
    He doesn't bother flaring very often ... he is, however, jumping for bloodworm at feeding time. A silly trick, but I like it!