· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I have black neons, and while they have never really been "awesome schoolers" for me (they tend to mostly do their own thing, and only school occasionally", they are probably the hardiest tetras you can get your hands on here in NZ.
    I still have a couple of them in my school from when I first got them 13 years ago (granted, the two 13 year old ones are not looking all that flash anymore, one is blind in one eye, the other has a weird growth on her side).

0 Not allowed!
    With the black phantoms, the big males are pretty but they all hang out right down the bottom with the cories around the bottom of the plants and under the driftwood. I don't even seem to see them! So far the black neons are good schoolers and hang out in the middle with the cardinals. I also just love their size - a couple of the bigger ones are nearly 2 inches long and just about an inch tall! Never realized they got so large.

Nice to see you dezzy! Haven't seen you around here for a while.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, forgot to mention...

My dad was doing a spring clean and found THESE hiding away. Although I can't find expiry dates they must be at least 20 years old. Kind of fishkeeping antiques!!

0 Not allowed!
    lol, oh I dunno... they look pretty safe to use to me. ;P
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    Been considering another new setup. It's a little 2.5g that my friend has lying around and I really like it.

Was thinking of using a tiny nano heater which is preset to 25C, some small filter (maybe a sponge filter). A desklamp with a florescent bulb for lighting. JBL aquabasis and fine gravel for substrate, planted with some nice carpet plant (thinking maybe glossostigma elatinoides) and duckweed floating. And stocking with a single Scarlet Badis / Dario dario.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good! I'm also considering doing scarlet badis in a planted 7gal. Will want to see pics if you go ahead with it.
    50gal - planned community tank - cycling
    40gal - species tank - 18 tiger barbs

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just read their profile. Sounds like a 5 gal is the smallest tank recommended. so ... just tossing that out there. Gorgeous fish
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Really? I know several people who recommend them for nano tanks. Sometimes I think SeriouslyFish.com can be a bit conservative.

0 Not allowed!
    The badis are known to have the potential to be aggressive though. If you want to try them in a 2.5 gallon then by all means do, but 5 does sound about correct to me, and some people say they get best results the more room they give.

0 Not allowed!
    They're a very small fish. I can see one in a 2.5gal, but 2.5gal is very small. What was in there, before?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast