· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    Found a pic!
    Lovely pennywort.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Cory Catfish   ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith   you need some more fish :) - Vip3r   have a ram... - Vip3r   and a salvini - Vip3r   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry, yes that was your tank i meant angel.

Seriously would need ti invest in polyester thread and a decorative rock to anchor it too. I think the reason my anacharis always died in the tanks with substrate in it is I may have always buried the bunches to deep. Maybe i'll try to get the larger smooth decorative river rocks from petsmart when i'm there next, or a nice piece of driftwood that will fit in my tank with a hole in it to accomodate both either crypto or java fern, with a bunch of anacharis.

I know it would have to be white polyester thread to prevent dye contamination.

Quote Originally Posted by angelcraze2 View Post
    I think that is my tank you are asking about, anacharis.

It is a 10g bowfront that I use as a grow out tank for young angelfish. Right now, there's only a female blue ram in there, soon to move out.

Yeah, I don't know, anacharis just grows well, like an inch everyday. I only have a 10w spiral CFL lighting the whole tank for 7hrs. I think I might have used a bit of fertilizer, but is really not necessary with anacharis. Try to find polyester thread. The cotton stuff will just decay quickly and your anacharis will free.

And if you're intetested, just like java fern and anubias, don't tie the plant stems/strands too tightly. The bottom of the plant will rot and 'cut off' the top part. It will also send out rooter anchors on its own and attach to gravel. I had a nice bunch of it growing in a corner of my 46g bowfront, but not anymore. It always did ok for me, but I prefer it to look at least a bit in control. If left to go free, it'll develop all sorts of side shoots and look messy, but then again, maybe that's your thing.....to each their own-right?

3.5 Gallon Tank = Bella Blue Luna (obtained 5/11/19) - I think a blue mustard female halfmoon

RIP - Helios HM BETTA 03/2016 to 12/31/17

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    I wonder if you could just use fishing line. Your loops would need to be tied off fairly loose in order to not cut off the plant, but the line would be even less visible than white thread.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

4 Not allowed!
    I use it all the time-just knot it a couple times as it likes to undo itself-or better yet put a dab of super glue gel on the knot.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Hmm, I thought about fishing line....but not the glue! That should hold it. I used to fish with my dad when I was young and those knots are hard to tie!

To Shidohari: Yes, you cannot plant any leaves of anacharis. The covered parts will surely rot! You can weigh it down with fishing line or thread until it develops is own roots and anchors itself into the substrate.

And idk, I just use whatever colour thread I have, but you might be right about colour leeching into the water. However, I never noticed anything myself....