· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Amazon Frogbit vs. Red-Root Floater

0 Not allowed!
    Hi, all. I am pondering getting one of these species for my new Orinoco tank. Probably don't have room for both. They both look like they'd work, and both seem readily available on ebay, so I might just come down to flipping a coin. Anybody have personal experience with either or both of these? What's your opinion?

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the new job! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang To help get you started on your SW adventure! - Silbar Congrats! New fish, safely delevered - RiversGirl Congrats on doing so well at your new job! - Silbar 
    Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar Merry Christmas - steeler58 Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year and I hope you Xmas was wonderful - Taurus You need a ram for your breeding project :) - angelcraze2 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe 

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seems harder to keep than frog-bit, needs absolutely still water..

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/33...t-floater.html

0 Not allowed!
    I can say that frogbit is very productive and you get some nice roots from it without the fussiness of the red roots. Did your floater die off?
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp only tanks with Bloody Mary and Blue Dream shrimp
    20L- Boraras rasbora, Kuhli loach
    20L- Pearl/blue dream shrimp, Pygmy Cory, Ember tetras and CPD

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    Future 40B Goldfish tank
    Probiotic trial

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the new job! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang To help get you started on your SW adventure! - Silbar Congrats! New fish, safely delevered - RiversGirl Congrats on doing so well at your new job! - Silbar 
    Have a Merry Christmas - Silbar Merry Christmas - steeler58 Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year and I hope you Xmas was wonderful - Taurus You need a ram for your breeding project :) - angelcraze2 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe 

1 Not allowed!
    Frogbit does reproduce super quick im at point where I keep needing to remove some so it doesn't cut out to much light.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all the advice...

Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    I can say that frogbit is very productive and you get some nice roots from it without the fussiness of the red roots. Did your floater die off?
    All the floaters in my 55 have died off, even the duck weed! Not sure why...water movement at the surface increased greatly when I took out the val, so I suspect that's what did them in.

1 Not allowed!
    You killed duckweed?

You deserve a medal.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

2 Not allowed!
    Wish that would work for me, I have duckweed in higher flow tanks and it does nothing to the darn to the duckweed.
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    Future 40B Goldfish tank
    Probiotic trial

2 Not allowed!
    if you can't tell by the above (messed up) post, boss is back in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Wish that would work for me, I have duckweed in higher flow tanks and it does nothing to the darn to the duckweed.

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks
    Future 40B Goldfish tank
    Probiotic trial

Awards Showcase

Hoping everything works out and you get delivery of your fish tomorrow.  I empathize with your stress and concern for the health and safety of the fish. - SueD Sorry for you UPS screw up, have a clover for some luck tomorrow ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep--glad to help! - WhistlingBadger Thanks for the heads up about TWS - steeler58 Congrats on all your new fish! - RiversGirl 
    You are such a great person! - Boundava Merry Christmas - steeler58 Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe Successful heater transitions - RiversGirl 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    You killed duckweed?

You deserve a medal.
    I was going to gift you a medal but it looks like Matt beat me to it!!!