· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uploads?

Awards Showcase

Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Chris, i appreciate the help
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    no prob, some of the computer gurus on here might be able to help with possibly some tweaks, but from what I'm aware of, any internet over phone lines runs pretty slow (dial up or dsl)

Awards Showcase

Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl 
    Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again, maybe I can Google around for a tweak or two

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    no prob, some of the computer gurus on here might be able to help with possibly some tweaks, but from what I'm aware of, any internet over phone lines runs pretty slow (dial up or dsl)
    If you need speed, you need fiber or cable.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah, DSL is pretty low on the totem poll these days. You can upgrade your current line to a faster plan, but DSL is pretty limited. You'll have better luck going Cable/Fiber. It's getting much more cost effective these days.

1.24Mbps down used to be good speed back in 2003/2004, but with computers... things change quickly (well, 10yrs isn't exactly quickly for computers, but they've been changing ever since). Video quality has been getting much better w/ HD and more services have become readily available online for video streaming, like Hulu, Netflix, etc. So, with this new content emerging, new speeds have become available. Now you can get 10/25/50/65Mbps down speeds w/ 5/10/15/25Mbps up speeds, etc.

Time to upgrade Mr. and Mrs. Slap. Go cable/fiber. I've used Cox, Comcast and Verizon, and so far Verizon FiOS has yielded the fastest and most reliable speeds. I currently have the 50Mbps/25Mbps plan, but Verizon keeps pushing me to upgrade to the 75/35 plan. lol So far, 50/25 has been perfectly fine, though, and I can stream pretty much anything flawlessly.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Mrs. Slap called yesterday, we are upgrading next week

0 Not allowed!
    Nice! Your world is about to change. What'd you end up going with?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    We went with Uverse, upgraged with ATT...from DSL, to Uverse Pro...the lowest one available..we had 1.5 mbps, now we will have 3.0....actually paying $15/month less now, for 12 months...getting a new modem and wi-fi, that they provide...I have to be here (Wed) for them to come hook up

After the 12 months, we'll be paying $6 more a month...

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, your world will slightly change. I think if you experienced the higher speeds available, you'd probably never go back. ;P You have, however, made the transition to fiber, which is what U-Verse is. So that probably means more stability and certainly means access to faster speeds, should you want them.

Of course, I'm biased. I'm an internet guy... I almost exclusively play online-only PC games, watch videos, listen to music, etc. online. Plus, I have every device I possibly can in the house connected to the network, sharing the same line. So, more speed is important to me.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, the guy on the phone asked her what all we use internet for...not NEAR as much as what your needs are, lol

My main uses are internet browsing and Pandora, that's about it...Angie and Lauren do Netflix, I rarely sit in front of the TV for any amount of time