· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

Default Amazon Prime Price Increase

0 Not allowed!
    I know this isn't 100% fish related so stashing it in the chatterbox. I know many users here on the forums get a lot of supplies and other things from Amazon. And many of us have Amazon prime as well for the 'free' 2 day shipping among other things it provides. Starting April 17th the price is increasing from $79 a year to $99 a year. As of right now if you are not a member you can still get it for $79 a year if you have been contemplating. Anyone who renews after that date will be subject to the price increase.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014...-to-99-a-year/
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's an umbrella for the coming storm - mermaidwannabe   Thanks for the points - Silbar   Thanks for the rep - Silbar   Try to stay dry this week. - Silbar   More rep already? Thank you kindly my friend ;-) - steeler58   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the heads up, that's a significant price hike
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yea, I split Prime with a family member, makes it a lot easier, just have someone order it for you

But the price hike is nuts for not increasing any perks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    It isn't to surprising really. This is the first price increase since it was introduced all those years ago. The writing was on the wall once they increased the free shipping minimum from $25 to $35. Sucks yes, but with other shipping cost increases for everything, a lot of people knew this was coming. But if you order a lot of stuff the shipping and tax savings alone still makes it worth while. While I don't have it I know others that do. I just don't order enough on Amazon to justify it. Although I might order more everyday items if I did have prime for the savings.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie   Thank you for all the plant advice - showmebutterfly   Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Ah, wasn't aware that they haven't raised the price ever till now.. I guess its not too bad, but I'd prefer a slower raise lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum! - Slaphppy7   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I got the email notification today. Stinks, but I order enough from Amazon to make it worth while even with the price increase. Luckily mine doesn't renew until January, so I've still got quite a while before it affects me.

-S

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

2 Not allowed!
    I should make an Amazon biotope tank, and start buying water conditioner online. I could use Amazon Prime to order Prime for my Amazon.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIT (Thank God it is Thursday) - afro123   Great helper. Here's a hotdog. - metweezer   Happy New Year!! - SeaLady   For your plant placement experiment...nice! - Slaphppy7   Thanks 4 help - pRED   

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah I might drop Amazon Prime over that price increase. Especially after this article came out the other day.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/amazo...ry?id=22882043

Not sure the legitimacy of the claims made in the lawsuit, but it is enough to take a step back and re-evaluate.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    That article does not do a great job of supporting its hypothesis.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - steeler1   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   We can only try...lol - Slaphppy7   For helping me remember, and for all you do! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I definitely benefit too much from prime for this price increase to deter me from renewing. We literally get 3 or 4 amazon deliveries a week at our house. 0Plus at Christmas time we use the prime shipping to send Christmas gifts to all of our out of state family. That alone makes the membership worth it for us, even after increase.
    ~Manna
    120 gallon FW bowfront in progress