· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 Dwarf Scissorstail Rasboras - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Its amazing how quickly I can find an answer to my questions by just going thru the threads and stickys. I was going to ask what is the measuring equivalent to 4ppm...but I found the answer, its how many "drops" to GET to 4ppm. So I just start low and test. and then add by drops to get to that 4ppm(or 3). See, just dont over-analyze, Mona!

0 Not allowed!
    I'm with sheamurai. I just upgraded a 26 gal tank to a 40 breeder. I added a new filter, but also brought over the existing filter from the 26. Since the new tank was going in the same spot as the old one, I transferred the fish to an empty 20 gal I had and kept the filter and heater running on that while I tore down the 26 gal. and set up the 40. Then I transferred the fish and old filter over to the 40 along with the new filter. I'm running both filters on the tank for now, and maybe permanently. Switch was done a week ago and all fish are doing fine.

Much easier and quicker than cycling new. Why bother if you don't have to. There's plenty of time to learn about cycling for your next tank

Awards Showcase

For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 Dwarf Scissorstail Rasboras - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I see your point, Sue. But this is my "next tank"....hmmm...anyway, so I would like to learn the cycling on this one. But I do like your idea of adding a second filter. Can't have too much filtration...I read that over and over again on this forum!

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Today, I pick up the new old tank! We'll pick it up after work.

Once I get the cycle going I'll have to think about what I'm going to be adding to the community from the 10ga.

I want to up the numbers of each of the species I currently have. But I'd like to add some that inhabit the upper part of the tank too. Suggestions?

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    Getting a new tank is like Christmas!!

Some species that swim in the upper region would be, Head and tail lights, Black neons, Harlequin rasbora, Bloodfins, Hatchet fish and any of the Pencilfish, just to name a few.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yes! Good list!

I have my manzanita branch soaking in de-chlorinated water....that sucker is BOUYANT! I guess the light weight of it doesn't help. But it sure is pretty....oops forgot a picture. Have to wait til I get home!

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass 
    TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus It's almost beer:30. - Taurus Here's a neon :) - rebecca_finny Thanks for all the good info lately--have a donut! - WhistlingBadger Congrats on 7,800 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Returning some of the treasure you've brought to the forum. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 We ALL need more fish.  That's why we're here! - WhistlingBadger T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF Lee :-) - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I remember having 5-20g tanks when I was younger, when I got my first credit card the first purchase was a 65g, moved five times with us, finaly sold it to one of my employees in Tahoe. Glad to see you upgrade, you will never regret it!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    We broke down the tank, brought it home, worried about a leak (which Chuck thinks is just water collected under the bottom and slowly dripping out. There is 4" of water in it. I washed it down with a weak bleach solution. Rinsed it well! Now its on the stand and will be there until we determine that, no, that isn't a leak in the tank....Petco having its $1 per gallon sale until the 3rd.....

45gaNiki.jpg
    Thats nosy Niki..

45ga.jpg

I have the two new fish ensconced in the bedroom. They are freaked out, but the tank, the move. Have the lights off, trying to help them settle down. I "believe" one is a peppered catfish, and the other is a lemon tetra. Previous owner referred to it as a glass catfish, but, to me, it doesnt resemble one.

catfish?
    catfish.JPG

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    So, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't dig in, so to speak. But that just teaches me patience, right? right? Its ok, gives me time to get things all ready to go.

It wasnt til we were on the way home with the tank, that my hubby mentioned the gentleman we bought the tank from told him he had repaired leaks a couple of times on the tank. (They've had it for nearly 10 years) When we cleaned it up, Chuck was less than impressed with the "repair job" If we have to take it down to BEFORE the repairs to repair it, its do-able....I think. Did I mention Petco's $1 a gallon sale is on til the 3rd?....sigh....

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    I remember having 5-20g tanks when I was younger, when I got my first credit card the first purchase was a 65g, moved five times with us, finaly sold it to one of my employees in Tahoe. Glad to see you upgrade, you will never regret it!
    This sounds awful...shhh..I thought of still taking advantage of Petco's sale!!! They have several 55ga...aaarrrggghh, STOP IT! Good grief, what is wrong with me?!