· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Your tank is beautiful! I love all the action and the colors.

Blue Boy is a lovely specimen.

My husband is also asking me for "more color". (I follow that request up with a counter-request for another tank -- so far, that has been a stalemate...)

You did put together a pretty tank! I'm very sorry you lost all your RCS. Hopefully you can get your shrimp tank in the future.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; 9 Cherry Barb; 16 Neon Tetra; 21 Rummy-nose Tetra; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 
    new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Your tank is beautiful! I love all the action and the colors.

Blue Boy is a lovely specimen.

My husband is also asking me for "more color". (I follow that request up with a counter-request for another tank -- so far, that has been a stalemate...)

You did put together a pretty tank! I'm very sorry you lost all your RCS. Hopefully you can get your shrimp tank in the future.
    Gosh I think that is a very good deal, more color=more tank..ss

Thanks for the compliment! I think I've been able to get a good tank going as a direct result of the help from the good people on this forum.

A friend of mine is going to look at a 65ga acrylic tank on Saturday. She is SO excited...now I have tank envy....I look forward to assisting her in whatever she needs. I also pointed her in this direction, and told she can't wrong here.

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLady View Post
    I've also lost all the RCS I received. I now have a piece of nylon on my filter til I can find more suitable pre-filter. I actually pulled on one guy in the filter tube and he pulled back, so dumped him into the tank, never to be seen again. I feel so bad...Would any of my other fish go after these guys for a nibble? They werent very big...

They were my husbands only request...I think I see a shrimp tank in our future...

This may make me look like an incompetent, but I cannot for the life of me catch that Indian Glass fish. He is very aggressive to all the other fish, except the Betta and I think thats only because Blue Boy refuses to acknowledge his presence. But the Glass fish watches him and debates whether to chase him. But like a lot of critters, if you don't run from them its no fun to chase...I figure on the next WC, I try again. Even with my hubbys help, no go.
    Dang Mona, that sucks...are you sure you lost them all, some could be hiding very well

I have had great success with the mesh pre-filters this guy makes: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=116432

I used to find lots of RCS inside my canister filter, saved as many as I could, but ultimately not all of them...these mesh prefilters have saved many RCS for me
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 
    new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    I am pretty sure theyre all gone now. In the beginning I could spot a couple here and there. But not for a while now.
    I contacted the guy you mentioned to see about ordering.
    Thanks Matt.

0 Not allowed!
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    we want pics

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I am pretty sure theyre all gone now. In the beginning I could spot a couple here and there. But not for a while now.
    I contacted the guy you mentioned to see about ordering.
    Thanks Matt.
    You are welcome, and again, sorry
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Okay I think I know what your "mystery tetra' is and it's a rare one indeed, hemigrammus barrigona, if it's not this one I'm totaly lost :)

mystery tetra.png
    Last edited by steeler58; 05-05-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Okay I think I know what your "mystery tetra' is and it's a rare one indeed, hemigrammus barrigona, if it's not this one I'm totaly lost :)

mystery tetra.png
    Yes, Lee, that's him. Rats...if they're rare, how am I ever gonna get a school of them?! Don't know if I'm lucky or cursed.

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, Lee, that's him. Rats...if they're rare, how am I ever gonna get a school of them?! Don't know if I'm lucky or cursed.
    I had bad luck with hemigrammus too! I bought 6 hemigrammus rodwayi two years ago, all but one them died within days. The lone survivor is still in one my tanks.

Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast