· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Tank is just lovely, really like the driftwood and combination of gravel and sand. Oh and that stunningly gorgeous full of personality and feisty betta isn't bad either :D. It's a real show stopper!

Awards Showcase

Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 
    new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

2 Not allowed!
    Phewww. I am tired. Been a busy day since we got the fish into the new tank.

Thank you all so much! All the help and information made it possible to get this far! I am happy with the way the tank looks. When the plants start to fill in, it will come very close to the picture I had in my head. And of course when there are more fish...

As to the stocking list, I've re-written it a few....DOZEN times. For sure so far, are RummyNose (hubby likes these too), Purple Harlequin Rasbora, Emerald dwarf rasbora, Blue Emperor Tetra,...sigh....really, even these may change. But the Rummy and the Purple Harlequin, I definitely want. And as always filling out the fish I have...

@JudiJetson -Blue Boy (Betta) is flexing at his image now so he seems right at home. He always seems to seek out the part of the tank that has a current flowing strong.

@Fishmommie, then your Betta must be a beaut. I love the way his tail has that pale turquoise. It is striking with all that red, maroon and deep blue and purple.

All in all it went well. Now I have this 10ga that I better break down and move to another room. That gives me back my bar/counter.

Question- Do I need to keep water in the QT? I thought I would take everything out that hasn't already gone to the 46, clean it and set it in the spare room. No substrate, no decor, but also with no BB. But I've read that I could borrow some from the big tank if I needed to put fish in quarantine...

thanks again for coming along for the ride on this tank. I've enjoyed it and I've so enjoyed you guys and all your help. I hope to post soon with pics of the NEW stock!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLady View Post
    Question- Do I need to keep water in the QT? I thought I would take everything out that hasn't already gone to the 46, clean it and set it in the spare room. No substrate, no decor, but also with no BB. But I've read that I could borrow some from the big tank if I needed to put fish in quarantine...

thanks again for coming along for the ride on this tank. I've enjoyed it and I've so enjoyed you guys and all your help. I hope to post soon with pics of the NEW stock!
    Unless you feed your QT ammonia to keep the BB alive in the filter, there is no point in having the tank set up. Some people take the QT filter and run it on their main tank in tandom with their main filter. Then, if you need to qt fish, you have live bacteria in your QT filter and you can move it directly back to the QT and have an instantly cycled tank.
    Others will 'borrow' some seeded media from their main tank, tuck it into the QT filter and accomplish the same thing. If you chose to do that, I'd tear down the QT and then set it up when you need it again.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLady View Post
    Phewww. I am tired. Been a busy day since we got the fish into the new tank.

Thank you all so much! All the help and information made it possible to get this far! I am happy with the way the tank looks. When the plants start to fill in, it will come very close to the picture I had in my head. And of course when there are more fish...

As to the stocking list, I've re-written it a few....DOZEN times. For sure so far, are RummyNose (hubby likes these too), Purple Harlequin Rasbora, Emerald dwarf rasbora, Blue Emperor Tetra,...sigh....really, even these may change. But the Rummy and the Purple Harlequin, I definitely want. And as always filling out the fish I have...

@JudiJetson -Blue Boy (Betta) is flexing at his image now so he seems right at home. He always seems to seek out the part of the tank that has a current flowing strong.

@Fishmommie, then your Betta must be a beaut. I love the way his tail has that pale turquoise. It is striking with all that red, maroon and deep blue and purple.

All in all it went well. Now I have this 10ga that I better break down and move to another room. That gives me back my bar/counter.

I remember some of these now, just thought you had narrowed some of them, down, LOL!!
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

0 Not allowed!
    Excellent job! Must feel good to finally be able to sit back and look at your bigger and badder tank!

I really liked my emperor tetras when I had them - would get them again in second given a large enough tank.
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    This is a beautiful tank! Very nicely done.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; 9 Cherry Barb; 16 Neon Tetra; 21 Rummy-nose Tetra; ~30 Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Awards Showcase

Congrats!! - Taurus For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 
    new fish - cm12setx For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks so much for the comments! My husband is even enjoying watching the tank. Even Niki checks it out every so often.

Until I break down the 10ga, I have been adding a few drops of ammonia, to keep the BB fed. Its been a busy weekend so come this week I'll decide my course of action.

Now the next adventure is The Stocking List! Will the merry go round ride never end?!

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 
    Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady 
    Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I feel this same way.lol and i do like your tank. The vid was good.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 
    Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 
    Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Glad all went well. Tank looks really nice.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone!

I ordered new fish today from TWS. More peppered corys, otos, harlequins to round up what I have now. Then I added 10 rummynose tetras, 10 purple harlequins and CRS cuz my hubby wanted some. I will add more neons later (read that when I have more Moola), also would like the Blue Emperor Tetra.

Received some IAL from Kevin,(thanks) and dropped one in the tank. It was still floating last I looked. But that's ok. Its gonna drop eventually.

My 10ga is still good on ammonia and nitrites but the nitrates were a little on the high side. like 35ppm. Any thoughts? It still has the substrate, 1 live plant, small pieces of driftwood, that's it. If I wanted to eventually put fish in the tank down the road, would adding more live plants help? I know, I know...RESEARCH! hehehe

Fish in 46b are doing well. I'm happy....

Page 18 of 92 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast