0 0%
  • sick fish

0 0%
  • stress or swim bladder

2 100.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

1 Not allowed!
    15g for two gouramis and a betta? Anything else? This sounds like a very bad idea to me.

Can you describe "playing"? Because chasing and nipping is considered territorial, aggressive behavior.

EDIT: Saw the picture, his fins are *definitely* nipped. Some aggression is happening somewhere.

Change as much of the water out as you can, as soon as possible, and use dechlorinator when you add new in (at the same temperature of the tank).
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurescriber View Post
    15g for two gouramis and a betta? Anything else? This sounds like a very bad idea to me.

Can you describe "playing"? Because chasing and nipping is considered territorial, aggressive behavior.

EDIT: Saw the picture, his fins are *definitely* nipped. Some aggression is happening somewhere.

Change as much of the water out as you can, as soon as possible, and use dechlorinator when you add new in (at the same temperature of the tank).
    Thanks for the answer.
    Well, they are always swimming together, being close together.
    I'll watch their movement maybe I'm wrong. ;)

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Most fish aren't "friendly" unless they are a schooling species...maybe you can get a video? You could be right and they are just hanging around together...but experience tells me it's probably not the case. Sorry!

Either way, keep the water as clean as you can to help his fins heal.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

0 Not allowed!
    10gal is just enough space for a Betta or a Dwarf Gourami. Either one will be much happier in a larger tank. It's not enough space for 2 Dwarf Gouramis or 1 DG and a Betta. All three of your fish are extremely territorial.

Do you notice your Betta flaring? Where he sticks his gills and fins out? This is aggressive behavior, as is nipping/chasing. The best solution is to re-home two of these fish (or all 3, since it appears you haven't cycled the tank yet). If you chose to keep them, you're likely to find 1-2 dead fish in the next few weeks or more.

As Azure mentioned, the DG in question definitely has a nipped tail fin. This is stressing him out.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Labyrinth fish tend to not get along with each other, or even fish with the same body shape. I've kept gourami together in a much larger tank with no issues, but you kinda put 3 bull sharks in a kiddy pool.