· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Used tank....

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Assuming that everything is truly in good working order, I agree that it's a pretty decent deal.

-S

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a deal. I payed 25 bucks for my 55 gallon. I should of done a journal on it but I wasn't on this forum then. Remember pictures
    55 gallon, 22 Cardinal Tetras, 11 Celestial Pearl Danios, 5 Sterbai Corydoras, 5 Gold Honey Gourami, 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Awards Showcase

I beer for your tear's, LOL! Hope the day gets better - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - steeler58 Tank looks great, congrats! - Slaphppy7 Here's to a safe delivery!! - steeler58 Congrats!! - Taurus 
    For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Well I took the plunge. The tank is mine. Final payment on it when they get home from several trips..in about 2 weeks.

So, if I put the bio wheels in a bucket with some of the tank water, I can keep it alive for a bit. It will seed the new setup when I get the tank home. Do I have that correct? I plan on moving the community from my 10ga to this tank, and use 10ga for a QT. Should I wait for a while after the new tank is set up, filled up and otherwise going before I add my fish, to make sure this new tank is...healthy?

I mean, should I do a cleaning? I am thinking along the lines of disease/parasites. Although her fish didn't show any signs of illness. I just want my fish to go to a safe home. I am taking her two fish home with me, but I plan on putting them in isolation for a while...just to make sure. I am moving my Betta to the 10ga so the new ones will have his habitat...and then mine will move to the 45ga.

And theres always the choice of aquascape, plants, this is exciting, but first the tank...

any suggestions would be appreciated..

Awards Showcase

I beer for your tear's, LOL! Hope the day gets better - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - steeler58 Tank looks great, congrats! - Slaphppy7 Here's to a safe delivery!! - steeler58 Congrats!! - Taurus 
    For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsmax View Post
    Sounds like a deal. I payed 25 bucks for my 55 gallon. I should of done a journal on it but I wasn't on this forum then. Remember pictures
    Okie, dokie..I will remember pictures...promise

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    bowfront 45.jpg
    This is pic from seller.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That looks very nice, can't beat the price! I love the stand, hopefully it just looks dusty. When I get tanks, new or the only one used one I own, I just bring them to the bathroom. I have a fairly large separate shower. I keep on hand a good stack of dollar store wash cloths and use hot as I can stand hot water. If it were me, and I was picking this up I wouldn't be terribly concerned, it looks really well kept. Of course the same cleaning goes for the plants. And the gravel. Would you really keep the pink gravel though?
    55 Gallon community tank.
    55 Gallon Cichlid in progress.
    75 Gallon Big Boy tank,
    29 Gallon, Planted with my Panda Garra fry.
    20 Gallon spare/QT.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    thats a big no on the gravel..its actually BRIGHT white, fairly large sized. I prefer a darker more natural looking substrate myself. The artificial plants probably won't go back into the tank...the pic isnt the most accurate. Shes seems very close to God (cleanliness is close to ...well you know the saying) So, no its not really dusty..

I was impressed with how clean the tank was...but those two fish were really stressed, all alone, no place to hide in all that bright light...

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice if you want it to look super nice you could stain the wood. Not that it looks bad though, I did that to a tank stand I found in the trash brought it back to life. Best of luck to your setup!
    55 gallon, 22 Cardinal Tetras, 11 Celestial Pearl Danios, 5 Sterbai Corydoras, 5 Gold Honey Gourami, 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! That is a great suggestion.