· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

Default Can someone Link me?

0 Not allowed!
    Can someone link me to a DIY for making a HOB filter baffle? I need to make two baffles for my two Aquaclears but I can't find the old tutorial that I saw here.
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm il see if I can take a picture of the ones I used to use.

I took a juice bottle, the kinda rectangular shaped ones, cut the top and bottom off to give me a rectangular shaped tube, then cut in half to make two baffles out of that

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    That's the idea I had. I'm using a gatorade bottle as that's what I remembered seeing in the DIY.

0 Not allowed!
    What size aquaclears? The reason I liked the rectangle shaped bottle was that it spread the flow out better

0 Not allowed!
    I tried the bottles and found them to slow the water down too much. I switched to a simple flat piece of plastic 12 inches wide x 5 inches tall with a hole cut in the center to fit around the tubing. Works really well for me.

Steve
    50 Gallon -
    Endlers | Guppies | Blue Eyed Rice | Celestial Pearl Danios | Threadfin Rainbows | Bronze Cory's
    Albino Cory's | Nerite Snails | Ghost Shrimp

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I can't exactly see how that plastic was set up as a baffle from that picture. My gatorade bottle idea failed.. I've been thinking of doing this but I think the soap dish might look really ugly. http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...-thing-304641/

0 Not allowed!
    Here's a better pic. It slows the water flow down about 30 percent while still allowing surface agitation. I use a pair of Tetra Whisper HOB filters and they sit a few inches above the water causing way too much current. When I tried the bottles it cut the flow down way too much for my taste.

Steve
    50 Gallon -
    Endlers | Guppies | Blue Eyed Rice | Celestial Pearl Danios | Threadfin Rainbows | Bronze Cory's

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    This wouldn't really work for my aquaclears. I do like the bottle idea and it seems the best. I prefer my flow cut down as much as possible, as both of my tanks house fish that come from streams or flooded plains with next to no water movement. Atm both of my tanks are sort of like fast moving rivers. I'd prefer not to lower the setting on my filters' flow, as this rarely helps and I'd prefer the maximum amount of water possible to be moving through the filter. I just want to lower the flow. So does anyone have any good ideas for lowering it? I was thinking maybe using a regular water bottle and just using more of it. I cut the Gatorade bottle I used in half and the half was too small to use so I think using the whole circle of the bottle will work.

0 Not allowed!
    Try a 1 liter or 1/2 gal water bottle to see if that is closer to the right size.
    Steve
    50 Gallon -

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gesp56 View Post
    Can someone link me to a DIY for making a HOB filter baffle? I need to make two baffles for my two Aquaclears but I can't find the old tutorial that I saw here.
    This might be the link your looking for

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...light=diverter
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]