· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

2 Not allowed!
    I could be wrong but I think the dwarf frogs wouldn't like the sharp gravel either, and I know the kuhli would not. Any chance of changing the substrate to sand? It would not be expensive to change the substrate in a 10g.

Oto's are not schooling fish, but they are social fish. They need company, but smaller numbers are ok. In their natural habitat they group in the thousands, in our small tanks a few is fine.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ive kept dwarf frogs since I was 9 they seem fine on any substrate, especially because they eat top water. I really don't know what to do I may just stick with neons. I was hoping to get him something a little more exotic. This is why when I got my 10 gal I was so unhappy you can hardly put anything in it. Now how come when I read about celestial pearl danios lots of people keep them in nano tanks but other danios you say need more room?
    55 gallon, 22 Cardinal Tetras, 11 Celestial Pearl Danios, 5 Sterbai Corydoras, 5 Gold Honey Gourami, 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

0 Not allowed!
    there are differents species of fish colloquially known as danios, from 4 inch giant danios
    to the little celestial pearls. the celestial pearl danios re tiny and not very hyperactive, so
    people can keep them in smaller tanks.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Something hit me a fish that he will love and go with the tank very well, Black neon tetras. I'm fairly sure thats what ill be going with I think he will love it when he gets home and sees his tank back up and stocked. So I wont have to deal with all that cycling fuss I'm just going to fill it up with water from my 55. Any way thanks for the help guys!
    55 gallon, 22 Cardinal Tetras, 11 Celestial Pearl Danios, 5 Sterbai Corydoras, 5 Gold Honey Gourami, 1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    BB doesn't live in the water column, using old tank water won't help anything

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know but it should help and its already 78 degrees I'm also putting in an old filter cartridge.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ive had danios in my ten gallon for years...

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsmax View Post
    I'm also putting in an old filter cartridge.
    That definitely will help. Using old tank water won't do much if anything though.

-S

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    This is a really nice thing you're doing for your friend.
    Agree with others - the water will not do a thing but a filter cartridge that is already colonized with beneficial bacteria would be great.

have you thought a about a betta? they are so colorful and their finnage is gorgeous. You could add a couple mystery snails, some floating hornwort, stack up a rock cave and maybe a couple annubis or a banana plant. It would made a really interesting tank.
    Just another idea.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

10. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Actually funny you say betta I was thinking of getting a black betta and naming him batman. Since my friend is a big batman fan if I can find one an all black guppy would work as well.