· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Just living as opposed to thriving? Hey its your tank. And you decision. For me personally I would not keep fish in a 3 gallon. But that's my choice.
    4ft mbuna mangaino and yellows
    4ft rainbow tank
    4ft planted community
    16g nano planted shrimp and neon tetras
    10g nano reef

2. Default

2 Not allowed!
    No cichlid and pretty much no fish should live in that tank. Why not get a ten gallon
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    You've jumped into/made a half dozen threads and in each you refuse to take anyone's advice, I don't understand what you want to hear lol.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    *sigh* i dont think you all realize that i live under my parents roof and they wont let me get another ten gallon or upgrade the ones i already have....

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I live under my parents roof and if you save up for it im sure they'll let you get a bigger tank just like I did. (I'm 12 and have a twenty gallon and a ten gallon)
    i hear some people say, "i kept a goldfish in a bowl and it lived for a year."
    they don't know how lucky they were and all goldfish live at least 15 years in proper conditions.
    that is equal to saying my human lived in his closet for 5 years!

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfab32 View Post
    *sigh* i dont think you all realize that i live under my parents roof and they wont let me get another ten gallon or upgrade the ones i already have....
    Its a pretty understandable situation. most of us here share the household with others of varying influence (AKA naysaying power) who are (much) less enthusiastic about the hobby.
    however, it still is not really a justification to place animals in habitats unsuited for them where they will not thrive. I believe you've recieved quite a few suggestions to what you could put in your tanks already.
    Or have you tried talking with your parents yet?

7. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    however, it still is not really a justification to place animals in habitats unsuited for them where they will not thrive.
    Well said. If you don't have an appropriate tank for a given fish then you shouldn't get that fish. The reason why you don't have an appropriate tank is irrelevant.

-S

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    guys im doing the best to my ability to take care of the fish i have and ive kept plenty of things in a small tank and had them be just fine things like cory catfish that are living beyond 5 years and danios that are living 4 years so dont tell me that what im doing is wrong because although it may be on the smaller side it will work and the fish will be happy i mean come on its not like my fish are stressed or anything... ive watched fish of the same species as mine but in bigger tanks (my friends 120 gallon) and his fishes personallities are the same as mine why? because they are happy either way and its not like im putting tiger oscars in my ten gallon

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my parents wont let me because they think it will be more expense and more work.... i have 3 fish tanks i could get rid of if i had one bigger tank, they dont have to put in any effort with my fish but to feed them when im gone....

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so is there any other dwarf cichlid that could go in there and with more than one... probably only two