· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Did you forget a pic in the last post, lol
    I don't think so??? It shows up for me.

Here’s a better picture of the tank though. Ignore the floating plants and the pots at the front; they’re going into the 40 gallon once it’s set up (today or tomorrow).

50gal - planned community tank - cycling
    40gal - species tank - 18 tiger barbs

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    This is going to be a really good looking tank. Have you settled on a stocking list yet?
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass 
    Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass 
    Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 
    For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacoste View Post

I don't think so??? It shows up for me.

Here’s a better picture of the tank though. Ignore the floating plants and the pots at the front; they’re going into the 40 gallon once it’s set up (today or tomorrow).

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/y...llonsetup6.jpg

How'd you do that?....I swear it wasn't there before, lol...I think it looks swell as it is, and once the plants grow in/up/out, it'll be awesome...nice job
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Have you settled on a stocking list yet?
    1 x Thorichthys ellioti
    1 or 2 x bristlenose pleco
    12 x platies (4 male, 8 female)

I may go with a firemouth if I can't find an elliot's cichlid when I'm ready to stock. And I haven't decided yet whether to get one or two bristlenose plecos; will need to do some more research on whether two will go together in a tank with this size footprint or if they'll get territorial.

Cleaning the 40 gallon up now...

Awards Showcase

10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass 
    Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass 
    Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 
    For the YapMeister - Compass Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    A word on the platys...they breed like crazy...we started with 2 females, because we wanted no fry...well, at least one came from the shop pregnant (they can remain pregnant for months, after only 1 mating)....now we have dozens that we will have to re-home

Not sure if you are looking to breed them or not, just my experience with them...if I'd known beforehand that they bred so readily, I probably would not have gotten any
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm hoping the cichlid will help keep the population in check. If not I may switch out the females for males.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh yea! A new journal - and a double tank one to boot.

Tank looks great! Will be eager to see the 40 and see it stocked after you get both cycled.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

8. Default 40 Gallon Tiger Barb Tank Update

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks fishmommie!

The 40 gallon is in place and hardscaping done. I have plans this afternoon so will have to wait until tonight to finish it off. The java fern will go on the driftwood near the base, the crypts close around it and the aponogetum and vals in the back left corner. The rest of the tank will be open.

There might be too much white in the pebbles. I may have to pick some out and replace them if I can find something better. And I'd like to add a strip of smaller pebbles between the ones already there and the sand; going for a riverbank look where the water sorts the stones by size with the largest deposited first and so on towards the bank.

Other than that I'm happy with how it looks so far.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looks great. I've always thought a tiger barb tank would be cool. Will be eager to see this one.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

10. Default 40 Gallon Tiger Barb Tank Update

0 Not allowed!
    Oops. Guess the wood wasn't quite as waterlogged as I'd thought.

Hopefully it'll sink by the time it's finished cycling.