· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    What about this one? http://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_Com...FIWMIW-vi.html I saw the other was out of stock...this one supposedly does 35-210G. Would I need any additional circulation pumps?

The tank will be only 30"Lx18"Wx24"H
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    That one is nice as well. You should be good with either one. I actually looked into that model when selecting a wave maker for my 90 gallon. I picked the nano only due to the smaller size and the borderline insane amount of rock I had in the tank.

Maybe try the wave box before adding any additional power heads to see how you like the water movement. You may or may not actually need a powerhead in addition to the wave maker. It's amazing how effective a wave maker can be to prevent crud from building up in your set-up
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    what's the benefits of the wave box vs a MP? I would think the MP would be nicer for space and asthetic purposes? Just curious what everybody's thoughts are lol
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    I can not speak for others, but for me it was cost and simplicity of use. The wave box was about 1/2 the price of a MP (same capacity ratings) and a lot simpler to set-up and use.

The MPs will certainly look a lot better as compared to a wave box in a set-up.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Oops misread the capacity and was comparing it to the wrong MP series haha
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm....price aside I wonder which actually performs better. The mp40 or the tunze 6208.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    LOL, that like asking which is a better car, Ford or Chev !!!! Please Note that was a rhetorical question !!!!

I honest think it can really depend on you personal preference. I like the wave box due to its design. It pulls water down through the body and pushes it out the front. IMO, that makes a better and more natural wave due to that down and out movement of water. The MPs create waves by the use of intermittent wave pulses.

But you also have keep in mind, I have never owned a MP powerhead. What I know about them comes from what I have read and speaking with other reef keepers that I know here in town.

Just as a side note, if you do get the tunze wave box, you can always add a tunze controllable powerhead to the wave box controller to create a even stronger wave or a deeper wave in the tank if needed

0 Not allowed!
    One additional question about the Tunze(sorry for being a pest about this) does it need to operate higher in the water column...I think I read somewhere it required something of around 10" of water. Does this mean it must be only 10" into the water column? I ask because all I have seen in operation are in the upper parts of the tank. My tank will be 2ft deep so that will leave a lot of space lower which I would be concerned about dead spots.

I have also been crazily thinking of running the Tunze wavebox and a MP10. Or just going for the MP40...tank space in a column is at a premium which is why I would want to avoid "koralia" looking pumps as they do take up a fair amount of space. Would running both the wavebox and the smaller MP10 be too much?

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    The tunze wave boxes work best when the top of the box is at the top of the water line (about 1/2 inch above) at the top of the wave. At least that has been my experience. I lost the owner's manual a long time ago.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller View Post
    Well macro algae is the saltwater equivalent to plants, some folks even do a "planted" marine tank with various types of macro algae. The rock I would use (floridaliverock.com) has many species of macro algae hitch hiking on it not to mention a refugium cultivates macro algae especially chaeto which is a huge nitrate sucker.
    the best live rock is from this place www.tbsaltwater.com I don't have a saltwater tank but I have heard great things about it the best part is that sometimes fish even hitch hike on it and they ship it fully submerged in saltwater.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123