· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday Cindy :-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

0 Not allowed!
    thanks, Deb. she really is a beauty. I was lucky to find her and watch her grow up.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday Cindy :-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

4 Not allowed!
    The bad penny has returned. Just popping in to say hello and browse through some of the more recent posts. Glad to see so many familiar names here along with some new ones.
    Update regarding my fish world: When we moved a little over a year ago I sold my 90 gal rainbow ,roseline shark tank. It was difficult but many of you may remember I fought algae and any number of time draining issues in that tank. Had I known then what I know now (it was the WATER at our other place) I'd still have the tank, the fish and have no doubt it would be flourishing.
    Recently I sold my little 15 gallon simply because it was time. a sweet little boy and his dad (who knows about fish) have it and are loving it.

I still have my 29 gallon with my blue angel Pearl (who must be around 6 years old now) along with babe Pea (my female albino bristlenose - also 6) and a school of catfish (6 years old) and a school of harleys and a school of rummy nose both of which I've had between 5 and 3 years.

The tank is so healthy and so clean. NO algae issues, no issues at all. I'll snap a photo or video when I get a minute

Hope this finds you all well and I'm sorry I've been so absent.
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    THenk goUdness my editer as riturned! I nied heer.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    The bad penny has returned. Just popping in to say hello and browse through some of the more recent posts. Glad to see so many familiar names here along with some new ones.
    Update regarding my fish world: When we moved a little over a year ago I sold my 90 gal rainbow ,roseline shark tank. It was difficult but many of you may remember I fought algae and any number of time draining issues in that tank. Had I known then what I know now (it was the WATER at our other place) I'd still have the tank, the fish and have no doubt it would be flourishing.
    Recently I sold my little 15 gallon simply because it was time. a sweet little boy and his dad (who knows about fish) have it and are loving it.

I still have my 29 gallon with my blue angel Pearl (who must be around 6 years old now) along with babe Pea (my female albino bristlenose - also 6) and a school of catfish (6 years old) and a school of harleys and a school of rummy nose both of which I've had between 5 and 3 years.

The tank is so healthy and so clean. NO algae issues, no issues at all. I'll snap a photo or video when I get a minute

Hope this finds you all well and I'm sorry I've been so absent.
    So nice of you to pop in and welcome back! I know I have missed you here. I am glad to read that the 29 is doing well for you, are you staying a one tank house (lol)?
    5.5g- Shrimp tanks
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    5g Salty Tank
    Fish room-*pending*

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room
    Salty Tank

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    So glad to hear from you again, I've missed you greatly.

And it's awesome that the 15G is being enjoyed in a whole new way.

What did you do with the 90G?...what was the water issue at the old place, do you think?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, happy you got your Emperors ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Oh my goodness! So happy to see you check in! Glad to hear that your 29g is doing so well for you, I really am. Very sorry to hear that the troubles with the Bow tank continued to the point of selling. It was seeing the pics and videos of that tank that made me want a Rainbow tank for myself.. it was so active and colorful! I can only hope when I get around to it that mine looks half as wonderful. Sounds like retirement is working well for you!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    The world is right again
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    thanks. it's nice to check back in and see all the old familiar names :o)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    yup it's all good!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Awe thanks. It's nice to be missed :o)
    Not sure on the water at the old place. it was good water but chemically treated (as most public water is). Could have been a combo of that and the indirect light in the room - there was a lot of light.
    We have our own well at our new place and I've got the 29 g in a north room. All I know is that I do nothing but water changes and I'm feeling a little guilty to say that I've dropped to every two weeks. But the fish and the plants have never looked healthier. No additives of any kind. I rarely even vac the substrate as it stays so clean. I've got several assassin snails living in the tank (hold overs from when MTS were a problem) and one black devil snail (big guy) and they must help keep things cleaned up

I sold the 90 on Craigs list to a guy who said he had a ton of experience with fresh water tanks. My hubby and I even helped him set it up and I left him a sheet of instructions - including NOT to add new fish or change anything for a couple of months until the tank settled in and to contact me if he had any questions or problems - which he did the first couple of weeks. then he proceeded to make changes anyway and killed all 7 of my beautiful rose lines within the first week. I was sick about it. Still am. I have not been in contact with him since so I have no idea as to the fate of the rainbows. Just hoping he didn't kill all of them too. :o(

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast