· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2 Not allowed!
    as little as you can blame a dog for barking you can blame a territorial fish for acting as it has been hardwired to do.

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    A molly will eat some of her fry and so will the others. Bettas will eat them to though.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    haha like today when one of my guppies went on a killing spree? yes a freaking guppy i watched it.... it went to the bearded dragon

4. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfab32 View Post
    haha like today when one of my guppies went on a killing spree? yes a freaking guppy i watched it.... it went to the bearded dragon
    Based on some of your recent posts, my suspicion is that your guppy may have been stressed due to tank overcrowding.

-S

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    oh no it couldnt have been since i moved it to another tank with one other guppy for a few hours to test whether or not the water was ok for my fish fry which were going to go in after they tested it

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the other guppy died from its wounds afterwards but guppies arent usually territorial right??

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So you put two guppies in a tank together and one killed the other? How big was the tank? As noted above it's a sign if stress in fish, either the tank wasn't big enough, or the water parameters weren't right. Guppies aren't that territorial, something you're doing isn't right

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrews View Post
    So you put two guppies in a tank together and one killed the other? How big was the tank? As noted above it's a sign if stress in fish, either the tank wasn't big enough, or the water parameters weren't right. Guppies aren't that territorial, something you're doing isn't right
    ya water was probably off because ive had a few guppies in this tank before for a limited time and now that i have 3 smaller ones in it to test it theyre fine but its a small 1.5 cube for fish fry to get big enough to be in my ten gallon without being eaten... i know its small for adults but they are only going to be in there for a week or so so the water can cycle quicker and better its not a new tank or anything but i threw in some small grain gravel so i can put in plants to oxygenate the water so im just trying to get some good bacteria in the substrate before i let my 30+ guppy fry in there... could it have been the reality that it is a small space and theres only two?

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Mollies are breeder fish and they are known to breed FREQUENTLY. However, before considering on killing the fries, you should suggest the positive effects first. First off, mollies are small fish ranging from 1'" to 4"(inches) depending on the species that you have. Meaning that a 10 gallon tank is a fairly good housing tank for them. The maximum amount of mollies I would suggest, if it is the only fish your planning to have in the tank, is around 20 or less since they are small. It is usual to have many small fish in the tank. Second, NOT all fish live forever. So, when your mollies die, how are you going to replenish your fish tank other than buy more. My point is that you should look at both the positive and negative sides before considering on killing them. My other suggestion would be to give some of the fish you don't want away like to your neighbors. Hope this helps
    let fishes do what fishes does