· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

Default spoiled turtles....

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2 red ear sliders and this is their new happy home....

It's a 70 gallon aquarium with a 48" x 20" x 20" terrarium sitting on top. The aquarium is sporting a fluval U4 in tank filter, Rena XP3 canister, 300w marineland heater and a 21" set of marineland hidden submersible LED lights.

The terrarium section is half of the 70 gallon and has a 48" reptisun 10 UVB, 150 watt heater and a 75 watt basking light. the other half is the turtle dock and the open water.

I have 4 flame bellied toads, 12 cherry barbs, and an albino bristlenose for the turtles tankmates.
    Still have a bit left to do... need some decor in the tank and a background for it and need to do something with the turtle dock. They have a hard time with it so I'm sure I'll have to build something. lol

Enjoy!
    Angel breeder wanna-be

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Wow! Color me impressed! My wife has expressed interest in red eared sliders for her classroom. A project similar to this one may be in my future. Really, really impressive!

-S

Awards Showcase

Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ 
    TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos 
    TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Very nice, some lucky turtles you have there
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    If I was a turtle I'd want to be yours!!! Very impressive!!

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

1 Not allowed!
    That is impressive... stop giving me ideas peoples!

I would totally do that but I would want fish in the bottom part as well - of course cleaning that could be a major pain possibly.

More research is needed
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

6. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I like, I like :) :)

7. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post

I would totally do that but I would want fish in the bottom part as well
    He says he has fish, I would have thought the turtles would eat them. He also says he has fire belly toads. I have FBTs and have been told not to keep them with any other species, because they are toxic and can make the water unlivable for other animals. It would seem that he's not experiencing these problems.

-S

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

1 Not allowed!
    My main point of cleaning the bottom aquarium being a nightmare though still stands. Not sure how he gets it all cleaned up. Water changes I can see coming up from the opening and getting it back in there but to clean the gravel...
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    My main point of cleaning the bottom aquarium being a nightmare though still stands. Not sure how he gets it all cleaned up. Water changes I can see coming up from the opening and getting it back in there but to clean the gravel...
    My suspicion is that the entire top portion lifts off for cleaning, but that looks like it would make cleaning the gravel into a two person job.

-S

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the award - Brookfish Thanks for the rep :-) - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas! - The Red Severum merry christmas - mommy1 Seasons greetings have a great christmas - Celtic Fins 
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat Happy Holidays! - King Tut Merry Christmas! - rich311k Wishing You A Very Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy New year. - Celtic Fins 
    Happy New Year to the forum 'funny' guy. AKA...MR. NYLONS. - gabbyguppy Congratulations on your rep star - Celtic Fins Another round for my friends - mommy1 Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1 After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 
    Hope you are well man - robflanker Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy Birthday - mommy1 Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster 

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you so much everyone!

That is impressive... stop giving me ideas peoples!

I would totally do that but I would want fish in the bottom part as well - of course cleaning that could be a major pain possibly.

More research is needed
    Actually it's really light (if you take the rocks out). Cleaning was a concern for me too. I made the frame itself out of 1/2" x 2" maple and the face is 1/2" x 3" (stronger than pine but just as light), the windows are 1/4" plexi, and the back board is 1/4" ply. I can just lift the top have right off it I need to do a deep clean. The whole thing (again no rocks weighs in at about 15-20 pounds) or I can just lean back to the wall and prop up the terrarium and it gives me plenty or room to get my python in there or get access to the filters and heater.

The only iffy part with the fish is that to turtles fish are food... so I'm really taking a chance with these guys. They're only hope is that they are quick and can out swim the turtles. So if you do something like this keep that in mind. I'd stick to tetra or danios type.

Stingray if you do end up doing something like this let me know and I can share some of my trial and error with you to help you save some time! lol
    Last edited by Jaster; 02-27-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast