· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure you aren't cross contaminating equipment...you don't want to reinfect a healed tank.

So glad things seem to be improving!
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

Default Sick Goldfish - Emergency!

0 Not allowed!
    Good to know things are looking better. If the ick returns I would definitely invest in the better heater, or a second heater to work in conjunction with the one you already use. Never hurts to have an extra anyway in case one breaks.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just wanted to chime back in to report that I'm still treating the tank for Ich, but as of this morning I don't see any white spots on any of the 3 goldfish. The fantail that was in such bad shape looks 99% better - he still has the slightest tinge of reddish at the very edges of his caudal fin, but he's looking so much better - no longer bottom sitting and he's swimming all around again like normal. The veil tail seemed to get covered in ich a few days after the fantail did. She was really covered and her fins have taken a beating - her caudal fin is 1/3 smaller than it used to be and the white edges of her orange ventral fins have melted away. She has one ratty pectoral fin also. However, she now has no spots left. I've been doing 90% water changes every single day and I think that's helping a lot. I just leave enough water in the tank to keep the fish covered. Since I couldn't raise the heat high enough for the salt treatment, I went back to the Rid-Ich. I'm going to keep treating for another couple of days to make sure I've got them all and then I ordered some Melafix and plan on using that to help the fin issue. I'm hoping that with the Melafix and continued 90% water changes for another week that they'll be back to normal. I was told that the stress of the ich might have caused the fin damage.

Thanks again for the help everyone - I completely panicked over that sore and the melting fin issue. I've never had that happen before. And I'm still confused because half of what I read said use salt and the other half said never use salt. Go figure.

But I now have a quarantine tank - I'm not getting burned again!! It was a new fish in my tropical tank that brought it in. And Azurescriber, I believe I did contaminate the gold fish tank myself - I'm going to buy another hose for water changes and keep them separate from now on! Thanks again everyone!

Lisa