· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    considering the large amounts of water changes you have been doing, I don't think that any overfeeding would have resulted in water quality Deterioration.
    do you have hard water in your area? maracyn 2 contains minocycline, which becomes less effective in the presence of calcium ions.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    we do have hard water

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    there are so many many things to consider for every single aspect of fish keeping. holy cow. lol i need a bigger notebook!!

An update on my fish... the neon pictured earlier is still in basically the same condition. he seems to be the only one feeling so. he's eating, does spend a lot of "alone time" in a cave but comes out here and there to be with his friends. The white stuff doesn't slow him down at all! I try in the evenings to catch him but he is NOT having it. its stressful to see a sick fish swimming around the seemingly healthy fish and you just can't get him out.

With all of this medicating i've been worried about my BB. Last night was the 3rd night of treatment. I usually do a pwc every 3 days or so although i have been considering cutting back to see if it helps my fish. I checked the water and my nitrates (which are usually zero) were between 5 and 10. I did a 50 percent change and then remedicated. this morning my nitrates were at zero. No idea what was going on there. I'm curious if snails are dieing and messing with my water params?

I've heard that the melafix and pimafix are like tea for aquariums and don't do much good. have they worked for anybody?? This weekend I plan to look for a safe alternative if there's still no improvement. I am going out of town on monday though for a convention in seattle and will be gone for a week. I don't trust hubby medicating my tank and checking my water so I am unsure of what to do.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just an update and a thank you for the advice.

The neon pictured here is healing up nicely. nobody else seems to have had the same issue so it's still a mystery. all seems to have been calm in my tank this past week. Even my gourami are doing well. The larger one chased the male thursday evening a few times (it's about time she stood up for herself lol) . Since, they are both able to be next to each other in such a way you'd think they didn't notice the other was there. enjoying the peace and my healthy fish! :) Thank you again.

0 Not allowed!
    glad for you that things are looking up once more.
    Don't let your guard down yet though!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think I ever will. lol I caught myself contemplating the peace earlier as i would my girls when they were little. if all is quiet somethings going on lol