· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    that is a valid excuse as long as there is no fish - I concur - hrm maybe I need to have a chat with the wife on another tank even though my second one is still cycling
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your new tank! - ~firefly~   Another fish for your 10 gallon - Slaphppy7   Yay, you're cycled finally!!!! - JudiJetson   Here's your first beer!! - gronlaura   B0tt0ms up, refill the cup!!! - Longshot   

0 Not allowed!
    Lol if I do that I'll probably have to replant the wisteria and it'll be a whirl pool of substrate lol. It's a surprisingly strong filter. I have it turned to the lowest setting and blowing against the glass. I'd read about it being strong in reviews for the tank and they sure weren't lying.
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your new tank! - ~firefly~   Another fish for your 10 gallon - Slaphppy7   Yay, you're cycled finally!!!! - JudiJetson   Here's your first beer!! - gronlaura   B0tt0ms up, refill the cup!!! - Longshot   

1 Not allowed!
    We'll be in the same boat since my 20 is still cycling. We could attend MTS online support groups together lol.
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

2 Not allowed!
    Always does me good to see sensible stocking choices for something this size. To top that it also shows all the indications of looking really nice in a month or two. Well done!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Well, I considered a couple of severums and maybe a silver dollar or 2 but since I already have the shrimp I figured wth? ;)

On a more serious note I'm not totally sure I like the wisteria in there. It'll do for now but I may change it out for something else that can handle low light. Also not sure what I'll do for a background yet. Would love to make a moss wall.
    Last edited by 1Sarah; 02-20-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sarah View Post
    Well, I considered a couple of severums and maybe a silver dollar or 2 but since I already have the shrimp I figured wth? ;)
    That was more for the benefit of any newbies reading this. You'd be surprised what people will try on advice of a 17 year old kid selling fish in a big chain store.

Anyway, a moss wall would mean something in the tank that moss will grow against, can't grow on glass.
    The wisteria will require very regular pruning that's true.
    Last edited by talldutchie; 02-21-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    That was more for the benefit of any newbies reading this. You'd be surprised what people will try on advice of a 17 year old kid selling fish in a big chain store.

Anyway, a moss wall would mean something in the tank that moss will grow against, can't grow on glass.
    The wisteria will require very regular pruning that's true.
    Yes I know I was being silly/cheeky. It's sad that people go into this hobby ignorant.... But I have to admit to being one of those people a very long time ago (2 goldfish in a 3 gallon... What's a water change?).

I watched a neat tutorial on making a moss wall, pretty simple and you can't beat the look of it when it's grown out.
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum! - Slaphppy7   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    the tank looks GREAT! But darn you. You've got me thinking about setting up a shrimp tank
    I've got the serious wants for a shrimp tank now myself. I'm in the process of setting up a 36 gallon bowfront. I have visions of hundreds of little shrimp living happily inside it. Can't wait for it to be ready for some rcs.

That's a really cute little tank by the way, sarah. I'm sure your shrimp will love it. Be sure to post some pics after they've moved in.

-S

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    A 36 will keep a ton of shrimp that's for sure! Good luck!
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum! - Slaphppy7   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sarah View Post
    A 36 will keep a ton of shrimp that's for sure! Good luck!
    There will be some mollies in it too, but I'm far more excited about the shrimp.

-S

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast