· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Anyone else have an angel like mine?

0 Not allowed!
    So first, I'm new here, but definitely not to aquariums. I have always had natural aquariums with live plants and natural food or live food when available.
    Angels have always been one of my favourite fish. I know a fair bit about them. I even had a rescued angel that lost ALL of her fins! And we managed to keep for alive and well until weird rather stumpy looking fins grew.
    Anyways enough about me.
    Currently I have two angels.
    My blue angel, Zeyphur, who I adopted as an adult
    And my special angel, Flash.
    The thing with Flash is, no one here has an angel like flash, they don't order or sell them and no one seems to know much about her ( I'm from a small place)
    I got Flash at a really young age, still eating brine shrimp and virtually invisible lol. She was already starting to show that she would have the " blushing gene" mutation. As she began to take shape and grow her fins were not fixed like ALL the other fish in the group ( and there were a lot of them) I kept checking back with the breeder and his tank was full of little fixed fin " normal" looking angel fish with three or four showing the blushing gene. He was dumbfounded when he saw a picture of Flash because she looks so different. I think she is gorgeous. She continued to grow with her long flowing fins. She seems healthy. All her tank mates love her ( all my fish get a long like family) any fish that throw off the chemistry of the tank go back to the store. She loves swimming around and has lived what seems to be a very happy, healthy life so far. Flash is almost a year old.

Zeyphur
    image.jpg

Flash
    image.jpg

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've never kept angels and know next to nothing about them, but Flash is an absolutely gorgeous fish.

-S

Awards Showcase

poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx 
    Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Very pretty angels you have
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and welcome to the forum....and you are very right!! Flash is a beautiful angel!

0 Not allowed!
    Flash is a veil angel with long, flowing fins. Looks like a marbled veil angel.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+879+1175&pcatid=1175

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjFNhls_LGs

Bingo.

http://www.angelsplus.com/FishAlbinoKoi.htm See the first pictures on the left.
    Last edited by Taurus; 02-20-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    they are both beautiful fish! Flash has the longest fins I've ever seen! just gorgeous.
    I have blue angel similar to yours. have attached a photo of her. We call her Pearl. She's a pearlscape Philippine marble.
    Other than yours, this is the first blue angel I've seen posted on the AC. If anyone else out there has a blue, it would be fun to see more photos.
    1-IMG_9935.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Nice angelfish and welcome to the forum
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks I really do love them! I've just never seen an angel with Fins as long as what flash has!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful long fins!

fishmommie, I love the colors on the fish!
    Poi d'improvviso venivo dal vento rapito, e incominciavo a volare nel cielo infinito.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" -John Lennon

"Know that on the night of the Gala Event I shall raise my glass and whisper, 'Fortunato'". -Frederick Sinclair

gallery