· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Think this is a good enough filter http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo 400 gph and its in my price range plus I like how its quiet. anything you think is better than this for no more than 50 bucks and is quiet?
    Last edited by ratsmax; 02-19-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm...I don't have any experience with that one, maybe someone else will chime in for you

Keep in mind, like everything else, you get what you pay for

I DO have experience with the Aqua Clears...they are quiet too, easy to maintain, and you have many different options with the bio media that you can use
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-19-2014 at 06:02 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Look into the aquaclears, similar pricing for a much better filter

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo

I recommend two of the AC 50s or two filters in general though. Consider maybe 1 HOB (one of these) and then adding a sponge filter

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsmax View Post
    Think this is a good enough filter http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo 400 gph and its in my price range plus I like how its quiet. anything you think is better than this for no more than 50 bucks and is quiet?
    I have one of those and I hate it. Plan to replace it soon. It has the same problem that yours has, pump motor keeps coming loose. The clip that holds it on isn't even broken, it just refuses to stay in place.

-S