· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Aquarium Progression Part 2

0 Not allowed!
    I had to change a few things from this...

2014-02-03.jpg

To this...
    2014-02-14.jpg

Reason:
    Those Amazon Swords just didn't look as nice as I wanted them to. So I re-homed them and acquired some more different plants.
    I also acquired some Octocinclus :)

Thoughts?
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely simple design - I like the serenity!
    50g planted: 8x guppy/endler hybrids, 8x black neons, 8x kuhli loaches, 3x otos, 4x pygmy corys, 4x panda corys, 4x neons, Assassin snails + cherry & Amano shrimp

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Both pics look great....but I think I like the first one better because the rocks are more visible...they sort of get lost in the plants in the bottom. I can't remember Richard...is this a low light tank? And what kind of plant is that behind the rocks....shows more in the first pic....sure like it!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeboraBremner View Post
    Both pics look great....but I think I like the first one better because the rocks are more visible...they sort of get lost in the plants in the bottom. I can't remember Richard...is this a low light tank? And what kind of plant is that behind the rocks....shows more in the first pic....sure like it!
    I'll probably shift the red plant (gone blank on the name) to the right.

It has 3 T5 lights so I think it would considered a high-light tank. I also dose Flourish Excel daily (2ml) and Flourish Comprehensive weekly (5ml).

The plant is Hygrophilia Lacustris. It grows quite quickly in my tanks.
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thx Richard...I googled it and it needs more like than I have to give. :-( I sure love the look of it! Well...whatever the name of the red plant is...it looks like it was destined to hide something...your tank looks great!!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe a heater? :)

It does like high-light. However, I grew it originally with a single 20W T8. So it can be done.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Peche View Post
    Maybe a heater? :)

It does like high-light. However, I grew it originally with a single 20W T8. So it can be done.
    Hmmm....maybe worth a try? I'm always looking for things to hide my intakes. No worries on my heater though...I have it horizontal down low in the tank ... sometimes I forget it's there!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeboraBremner View Post
    Hmmm....maybe worth a try? I'm always looking for things to hide my intakes. No worries on my heater though...I have it horizontal down low in the tank ... sometimes I forget it's there!
    I'd love to do that! However, I once had my heater crack and overnight it hit 50 degrees C. Exit my entire tank! Since then, I make sure I can see it clearly!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My current problem is that once a week I have to strip my submersible pump to clean the impeller. I'm certain that it shouldn't keep jamming but it does. I keep finding bits of Java Moss blocking the spray bar as well, yet I tore out all the Java Moss I could find :(.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's awful!! I have the temperature strips on both sides of my tank and always keep an "eye" on the temp. Many years ago I had a failed heater that turned my tank into a simmering jambalaya....sooooo not pretty!!