· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    Would you ship to Canada?

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, I didn't read the entire thread...
    Hmm, I can't recall if he can ship to Canada, either...might be best to send him a PM
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I sure can just relied to your message.

Thanks!

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Plants arrived quickly and in excellent condition. Great seller! Will be buying from again when I get my 30g set up.
    29g - planted w/Emperor Tetra & Cardinal Tetra
    10g - planted w/male aqua-mustard gas Dragon Halfmoon Betta
    10g - planted w/male purple-maroon Dumbo Dragon Halfmoon Betta

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

Enjoy!

Lmk when your ready for more hehe

3 Not allowed!
    Thought i would post on my experience with the mesh screen on the intake. I have an AC70 on a 20gal long, and I have red cherry shrimp in there I am hoping will eventually be numerous enough to sell locally. I had a DIY sponge on the intake initially, and HAD to clean it weekly as the sponge would get gooky enough to restrict flow.
    So I ordered a couple mesh screens here from h4n. h4n was kind enough to invoice me directly, as I have a hate/hate relationship with PayPal, and I got the screens in good time considering the cross border shipping.
    The screens are a hit. I didn't really like the look initially, but have since warmed up to it, plus, the screen has been on for two weeks now without cleaning with no flow restriction as happened with the sponge filter. I wanted to see how long the screen could go without cleaning before flow was affected, but I can't stand it anymore and have to clean it today, lol. The screens look very well made so I expect them to last long enough to be well worth the cost and shipping.

On a side note, my shrimp do seem to be slowly multiplying. I started with 8, and a I saw a couple casualties, plus I have a kilifish in there that I'm sure eats shrimplets. But last count was 11 so the population is increasing in spite of fishy predation. Yay!

So thumbs up to h4n and his filter intake mesh screens!
    20gal long planted community

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I love my mesh screens, but I'm fairly heavily planted (now) and the screens pick up alot of old plant debris, so I clean mine about twice a week (on the AC70, the ones on the Eheim canister intake and the AC30 are cleaned every couple of weeks, whether they need it or not)

Did you ever find shrimplets in the AC70 before now?...I sure did, with the sponge PF, but now they are all safe from being sucked into the filter.

To clean, I just use an old toothbrush and hot tap water...congrats on your new pre-filters!

1 Not allowed!
    No, I never found shrimp in the filter with the sponge filter, only before I put the sponge on. But mine was pretty big, as all I did was cut an AC filter into thirds and cut a hole in it. I didn't trim the corners or anything to make it look pretty, so it was pretty thick and there was lots of overlap.

Filter maintenance is a snap now! Going to run the same when it comes time to start up my 4ft tank come winter.
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    Man that's a impressive list, but I'm broke.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    That's good then...I found that when I had sponge pre filters, the RCS would be all over them most of the time, grazing on the bits of stuff that clung to it...my theory is berried females would hatch shrimplets on the sponges, and those shrimplets would get sucked through the sponge and into the filter(s)

BUT, I trimmed my sponges down to almost nothing to make them "pretty", and this allowed shrimplets to pass through

I used to find 5 or 6 RCS in my AC70, and 15 or more in my canister EVERY time I cleaned them...not any more!

2 Not allowed!
    I also have the mesh pre-filter that h4n made. I like his product, it is well-made. I purchased some food from him as well and my fish enjoy it.
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Red Cherry Shrimp; an Assassin snail
    live plants: 2 Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw