· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Is my java fern doing okay?

0 Not allowed!
    I've had this java fern in my tank for about 4 months now. It was a little brown at first but as turn green since then. It's also anchored it's self down to the gravel. But it's not grown very much if at all. Looking at it there are some tiny leaves at the bottom of the plant. Is that new growth? I pick it up when I clean my tank. Some of the gravel goes with it. Can picking it up stun it's growth for a little bit? Picture here.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392350585.083853.jpg I dose with CO2 daily or sometimes every other day, and have root tabs under the gravel. There's not a root tab close to the roots, but I remember reading somewhere that java fern don't use their roots like other plants do. I'm having a similar problem of no growth with my Anubias Nana. I know both of these are slow growing plants but to see no growth over the course of 4 months. I'll post pics of the Anubias too if anyone wants to see it.
    37g Freshwater 1 Angelfish, 8 Cherry Barbs, 6 Cardinals, 1 Bristlenose Pleco.
    Live Plants Java Fern, Anubias Nana, Amazon Sword, Java moss, Moneywort, and Bronze Wendtii.

0 Not allowed!
    You might want to try attaching it to some drift wood and allow the roots to grow into the substrate. That way it won't be too deep in the substrate. My java fern has always done best when it was not planted in the substrate

Generally speaking, all plants do best when you do not disturb the roots allowing them to grow more naturally. When cleaning you tank, leave it be, and only get as close to the plant as you can with your gravel vac, Do a light cleaning ne the plant, and a normal gravel cleaning in areas away from the plant

That has always worked for me
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a few small, flat rock/stones in my tank, could I set it on that and let it grow down the rock to the substrate? I would have a good piece of driftwood if the rest of my family would let me decorate MY aquarium the way I want to. But for now, I'm stuck with what they chose.
    37g Freshwater 1 Angelfish, 8 Cherry Barbs, 6 Cardinals, 1 Bristlenose Pleco.
    Live Plants Java Fern, Anubias Nana, Amazon Sword, Java moss, Moneywort, and Bronze Wendtii.