· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Cool Stocking 10G Tank

1 Not allowed!
    Today has been my first day as a member of this Aquatic Community and your input has proven immeasurably helpful. I had started a thread earlier today regarding Tiger Barbs which a LFS worker incorrectly advised me to get for my tank. I will be returning these guys tonight to the store, in the hopes that there are happier waters ahead for them. I will then be left with an empty 10G live plant tank. I'm looking for any stocking suggestions you all can provide. As always, your input is greatly appreciated!

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a nice site that could give you some ballpark figures, it isn't exact but it can narrow down fish that should work with what you got, just enter your tank size, select your filter and click display species suitable for my tank

http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php

btw there are a whopping 240 acceptable species so have fun. Just keep in mind some have specific requirements, tempraments, etc but it is fun to play with. Between that and suggestions in your prior thread you can write a few down to see what they have locally and what you like.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks so much, FrozenTundra, you've been incredibly helpful :)

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

1 Not allowed!
    Have you looked into the smaller rasboras (micro rasboras)? There are some cool looking one out now a days. You say you have live plants in the tank, well have you thought about adding some small shrimp? Micro's and red cherry shrimp with plants make a neat tank.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Strider199. I like your idea. I've seen the Galaxy Rasbora a/k/a celestial pearl danio (not sure the preferred name :)) Would this be considered a micro rasbora? If I were to do a stocking scheme like the one you suggested, how many micro rasboras and shrimp would be appropriate?

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    The Galaxy only grows to about 3/4 of an inch so if your so inclined you could get six of these with room left for another different school of small sized fish. The shrimp do not take up any real room in a tank. If you find a local breeder (stores want way to much money), 30 red cherry shrimp would do well. A breeder will usually sell 25-30 shrimp for around $25.00 where as a store charges you $3-5 per shrimp. Add some java moss for the shrimp as they love to hang out and graze on it. Their bio-load in minimal.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    we even have members here that will sell a bag of 25 RCS [Red Cherry Shrimp] shipped for $30 includes 72 hour heat pack to keep them warm on the journey
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Great, so just to clarify, that would be apx 6 galaxy, another school of similarly small fish, and then 30 or so RCS?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    yes that look doable -

just make sure you have good filtration [also keep in mind this site is not an exact science as other factors such as tank, substrate, plants, feeding, temperature and ph of the water, etc come in to play]
    Current tanks:

0 Not allowed!
    With the proposed stocking above I would get no less than 1 dozen of the galaxies and rasbora. Reason being is that they are very shy in smaller numbers and adding more of these tiny guys honestly wont do much for your bioload.

Another good and slightly larger option would be Ember Tetras....lovely fish when maintained properly. You could easily have 2 dozen without concerns in a 10G.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon