· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I've hears of people using the darkest auto window tint they could find. I'm thinking of going that route.
    Don't poke the crazy

Awards Showcase

For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 Dwarf Scissorstail Rasboras - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I was thinking of painting my own background with acrylic paint which can be washed off. That way I can make my own background landscape...and also change my mind at will...

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trillianne View Post
    If you buy a printed background, they make this stuff called "Clearview" that comes in a tube kind of like a giant glue stick. Its an oily adhesive that you can use to apply the background, and squish out all the air bubbles to make it really stick very flatly to the back. (it kind of has a texture like spray on cooking oil)

It will make your background adhere, but when you are ready to take it off, you will be able to peel it away. Its significantly better than tape for how your background sticks and looks on the tank, imo.
    I did not have good luck with this stuff. We followed the directions precisely, got every single air bubble from between the printed (black) background and the back glass, and it was only a few weeks before the background began to peel at the edges, and bubble in the middle regions.

I will paint my next tank's back glass before I set it up, too many here have had great success with that method to ignore. Please don't attempt to paint a background on a tank that is established and has fish in already.

The easiest, least expensive, and most readily replaceable background is colored posterboard, as has been mentioned.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Painting the glass is a good way to go as it generally doesn't show water damage, however it can be difficult to get off later.

I had the same worry with my tank and found a great solution. I went to the fabric store and got a few yards of a textured fake leather. Then used some velcro strips to secure it to the top and bottom of the tank (although I had to staple the strips to the leather since the adhesive wouldn't stick). Took about $15 to setup, looks great and is super easy to clean if needed. Just pull off the sheet, wipe down and restick with the velcro.
    75G Coldwater Setup (May 2011)
    Angelfish Fry Development Project

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I was worried about chemicals if I painted my established tank...so for now I went with the cheap option of poster board. Looks 20 times better than my wall and all the cords hanging there.
    20 gallon with a male betta, neons, glowlights, and red cherry shrimp. (work in progess) Recently added a few LIVE plants and driftwood, Woooohoooo!

Awards Showcase

My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb 
    TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus 
    Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Good deal...your fish, plants, and hardscape will really stand out now, too!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sarah View Post
    I've hears of people using the darkest auto window tint they could find. I'm thinking of going that route.
    The tint idea is the best one I have heard yet. I think it would look nice nd uniformed, better than painting in my opinion.

LionelC

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LionelC View Post
    The tint idea is the best one I have heard yet. I think it would look nice nd uniformed, better than painting in my opinion.

LionelC
    Yeah, maybe so, but I've seen tint bubble and peel, too...granted, I've seen this on vehicles, which are subject to vast temp changes, but still....

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Sarah View Post
    All my tanks have this and it reflects 90% of the light back in. Easy to apply and you can usually find it on sale at various auto parts places. I got mine for 50% off at Canadian Tire. Mines been on for years...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

Awards Showcase

For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 Dwarf Scissorstail Rasboras - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    background3.JPG
    Outside of tank
    painting background.JPG
    from the inside