· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Jenn's 20G "Work" Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Just my little 20G tank at work

Filtration: AC 30, Cascade Internal...upgrading to AC50 soon
    Lighting: 2x18watt HOT5....20" Odyssea on for 6 hrs per day
    CO2: 2x2L DIY yeast with a glass ceramic diffuser
    Heater: Tetra...walmart was sadly the only store open.
    Substrate: HTH PF sand
    Flora: NL Java, Hygro sp. "tiger", C.wendtii, C.lucens, Red tiger lotus
    Fauna: 10 tiger barbs, adding a group of dwarf hovering loaches soon

Tank...Mid December shortly after setting up

Tank...first of January

Tank...as of today
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Grrrr...nice tigers!
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    that is some crazy plant growth. and a nice tank overall.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Tank looks great....and your plants are amazing!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all! I trim 6-8" of Hygro out of this tank each week. It is amazing how fast plants grow with EI dosing and lots of CO2.

Tiger barbs are really awesome fish, sucks they have such a bad rap because few people keep them in large enough groups.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Im still really digging my work tank, have however had some unexplainable deaths of the barbs even in the main tank. I have purchased around 30 tiger barbs and have wound up with 7. In QT I treat with my usual methods of Prazi and Metro they perk up...do well for a few weeks...i put them in the main tank and treat the main tank for a week. Few weeks later despite a great diet and pristine conditions some just randomly die. I have also lost many in QT...just dont seem to be any healthy barbs around. Granted my only sources for fish locally is a Petsmart and a Wal-Mart.

4x75Gs coming soon

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's really unlucky with the barbs. I buy fish from petsmart most of the time since my other choices have not panned out very well. I refuse to buy from Walmart and the other semi local ones seem to always have ich in their tanks.

0 Not allowed!
    I have experienced a similar thing with my SOs goldfish tank, just randomly lost 2 fish. Fine one day dead the next with no symptoms or lapses in water quality.

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Sharring my winnings - steeler58 Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny for giving a catfish its first taste of human. - cm12setx pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie For being MOTM - steeler58 
    looking forward to more rapid river videos - showmebutterfly A little late, but congrats MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on 3,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 A Cory for Mr 3,000 - steeler58 you could be famous! - SeaLady 
    For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I had that same issue when I had tiger barbs. I bought from two LFS's and like you I must have purchased 20 barbs and ended up with six. I've heard they were fairly hardy, so I figured I was doing something wrong. But I've been noticing this issue popping up with other aquarists on the forum so maybe I wasn't as bad at it as I thought.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

0 Not allowed!
    Odd about the barbs...I kept tigers years ago and never experienced anything like this. However I have had similar battles with other fish species mainly including rams, dwarf gourami, angelfish, and neons. I dont think I will buy any more tiger barbs, if these make it awesome if not then I will replace them with something else. Or order some fish online.

4x75Gs coming soon